The return of Radko Gudas and the arrival of Matt Niskanen brought two of the best places in the Metro Division in the preseason in the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers. Who would win the offseason offseason?
Brendan Leipsic slammed a rebound into the fold to set the caps early. Claude Giroux joined the game in the third on the power play.
- Voracek NOT put the biscuit in the basket.
- Oshie put the biscuit in the basket.
- Giroux put the biscuit in the basket.
- Kuznetsov put the biscuit in the basket.
- The couturier did NOT put the biscuit in the basket.
The caps hit the planes 2: 1
- The second period was bad, all of you. The caps scouted their way through Puckglück and big parades of Braden Holtby . Not a good answer to a great first period.
- Joel Farabee's surname made me think Martin Fehervary was somewhere on the ice tonight. Too similar, we have to change that.
- The power play of the caps was completely unsynchronized. To say the least, it was frustrating to watch, and this time not even the zone entrances were the main problem.
- The boys had reached the evening in 19 seconds in a row. This series ended when the caps in the second image were confused, especially in the neutral zone.
The Washington Nationals sell a championship book just like the Capitals. It's called "Fight Finished" and can be pre-ordered now. https://t.co/1hFebWgNbC[19659002<-RMNB(@russianmachine) November 13, 2019
- The third period was very meh. It felt as though the caps were sluggish and uninterested, which is very bad in a draw or where you score only one goal.
- The Caps seem determined to make the most contributions in one season in the history of the NHL.
- This missed slash at Tom Wilson was absolutely ridiculous. Full on hack directly on the thumb directly into the face of the official.
No Joe B tonight, so you get your Caps Pup Tweet the night. Look at Captain, just look at him.
– Captain (@CapsPup) November 12, 2019
The next good guy returns home against the Montreal Canadiens on Friday night back. It's the first in a series of trips for the Caps.
Full coverage of caps in flyers
Cover photo: NBCSN