The third season of "Stranger Things" will start on Netflix on July 4th, but the creators of the series, the Duffer Brothers, are likely to focus on a different date after a judge denied their attempt to dismiss a plagiarism plaintiff today.  If Michael Richter, a judge at the US Higher Regional Court, does not change his mind soon or pulls back Charlie Kessler, Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer will set off in their direction with an indictment on 6 May.
It is decided on what the plaintiff said, what he wanted to say in his conversation, and how the defendants responded to it before it could finally be determined whether or not an implicit, actually concluded contract had been concluded. " wrote Judge Stern on Wednesday (read here). [1
Basically, this year-long case is being brought to court because the court has found no evidence that Matt and Ross Duffer have found the incredibly successful and versatile material -Emmy nominated supernatural dramas from the 1980s with the exception of Matt and Ross Duffer, who said so.
"Without such permissible evidence, we must determine the credibility that must be decided by the Trier of the facts," notes the refusal of the brothers' summary application for a verdict. "Moreover, the question of whether or not there is a comparison between the concepts to be compared is a subordinate theme of independent creation which must be decided by the Trier of facts."
"The Duffer Brothers have our full support," a Netfix spokesman said Wednesday this potential Demogorgon. "This case has no merit, and we look forward to being confirmed by a full hearing in court."
The other side clearly believes that the matter is a boat of merit, and also believes that it's time for the streaming service to make the Duffers drop this line, among other things.
"Now that the judge has decided and rejected their request for a total judgment, we can now renounce the nonsense conveyed by the Duffers and Netflix that this action has no merit. They had" evidence "that they created the show "Kessler's attorney, S. Michael Keman, says of Santa Monica's self-description after today's decision." If the lawsuit did not merit or if she did have the "proof" they had created, then her summary verdict would have won. They lost. These movements are very difficult to fight and the victory of this motion shows that Mr. Kessler has a good case. We look forward to hearing the case of Mr. Kessler in court. "
Filmmaker Kessler claimed in his first lawsuit of April 2, 2018, that he had introduced the concept to the Duffers four years earlier at a Tribeca Film Festival party. The "Montauk" director also claimed that he later gave "the script, the ideas, the story, and the movie" to his brother, and that they allegedly used the material to make strangers things.
Kessler says the Duffers would have used the working title "The Montauk Project" in the early stages of Stranger Things, which was originally set in the Long Island City of the title (a setting later changed to Indiana) .It should be noted The Project Duffers was first announced with Netflix in 2015. It was called "Montauk" and was based in Long Island.
Not unlike the first season of "Stranger Things" in 2016, the storyline by Kessler The 2012 short film "Montauk" revolves around a missing boy, a nearby military base performing experiments with children, and a monster from another dimension that looks like a toy.
Regardless, the day came after Kessler Complaint in the LASC file, the Duffers added, said they considered the action "utterly merciless" and "just an attempt to profit from the Netflix series"
They would have to offer a little more next month than in court.