Alysse Gafkjen / Courtesy of the artist
In 1985, a team of country legends founded The Highwaymen, a supergroup that unites the talents of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson. Somehow, it took 34 years for someone to come up with a perfectly named counterpart, but now there's The Highwomen with Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires and the Nashville songwriting troupe Natalie Hemby. It will be there a few months ago On September 6, his self-titled, produced by Dave Cobb debut album release. Today his first single and the first video "Redesigning Women" will be released.
Director: Elizabeth Olmstead, the video mixes footage from the stars of The Highwomen with a delightful mix of country music legends (Tanya Tucker! Wynonna Judd!) And up-and-coming artists (Cam! Erin Rae!). The album follows in a similar collaborative spirit, with guest contributions from Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Lori McKenna, Miranda Lambert, Ray LaMontagne and others. "Anyone can be a highwoman," Carlile says in the band's press materials. "It's about banding together, giving up as much ego as possible, holding each other up and strengthening other women on every occasion, shoulder to shoulder, a push, a love."
The Highwomen will be released in September. 26 via Low Country Sound / Electra . The group will make their live concert debut at the Newport Folk Festival on July 26th. For album cover and full list of titles see below:
1. "Highwomen" (written by Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires & Jimmy Webb)
2. "Redesigning Women" (written by Natalie Hemby & Rodney Clawson)
3. "Loose Change" (written by Maren Morris, Maggie Chapman & Daniel Layus)
4. "Crowded Table" (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby and Lori McKenna)
5. "My Name Can not Be Mom" (written by Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris & Amanda Shires)
6. "If She Ever Forsakes Me" (Written by Amanda Shires, Jason Isbell & Chris Thompkins)
7th "Old Soul" (written by Maren Morris, Luke Dick & Laura Veltz)
8. "Don't Call Me" (written by Amanda Shires & Peter Levin)
9. "My Only Child" (written by Natalie Hemby, Amanda Shires & Miranda Lambert)
10. "The sky is one Honky Tonk "(written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby & Ray LaMontagne)
11th" Cocktail and a Song "(written by Amanda Shi res)
12th "Wheels of Laredo" (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)