It has a name: The highly anticipated by Walt Disney (DIS) featured over-the-top streaming platform, according to Disney President Bob Iger officially "Disney Plus" (or perhaps Disney +) Result call on late Thursday. He also described the entertainment giant's plans to push further into the consumer direct streaming area.
Disney's revenue and revenue exceeded the estimates for the fourth quarter and led to a revaluation of Disney's stock. Here are some highlights from the call and the quarterly report:
Disney Earnings Call Highlights
- Launched in late 2019, the Disney + platform will feature a live-action scene featuring Tom Hiddleston's Loki series and Diego Luna Spinoff "Star Wars: Rogue One".
- As previously announced, Disney + will also release brand new "Star Wars" and "Monsters, Inc." present. and a "robust" pipeline of original films for the service.
- More than one million users have subscribed to the ESPN + sports streaming service, which only hit the market in April. This is a good sign of Disney's general direct-to-consumer strategy, Iger said.
- Hulu is a big question mark for Wall Street. Disney will be 60% owned by the streaming platform after the acquisition of entertainment assets from 21st Century Fox (19459004) (FOXA) has been completed. Iger says that given the success of sub-growth and brand strength, there is a possibility to increase investment in Hulu, especially on the programming side.
- Iger intends to use this pooled TV production capacity to refuel Hulu with "much more" original programming to make it more aggressive in the marketplace. He also noted the potential to increase monthly prices for Hulu.
- The new "Star Wars" theme park countries will be the "biggest countries we've ever built," both physically and in scope. He foresees "huge increases in demand". Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens the summer of 2019 at Disneyland in California and late fall at Disney World in Florida.
Estimates : With 8% sales growth, Disney's revenue increased 22% to $ 1.31 per share, according to Zacks Investment Research, at $ 13.81 billion.
Results : Disney's earnings per share increased 38 percent to $ 1.48 in the fourth quarter, up 12 percent to $ 14.31 billion. Disney sales growth has been slowly accelerating over the last four quarters.
The important segment of the media networks, which includes ESPN, grew 9% to $ 5.96 billion. Disney's typically strong theme parks and studio segments also performed well, with theme park sales up 9% to $ 5.07 billion and studio revenue up 50%. Undoubtedly, Marvel's "Ant-Man and the Wasp" and Pixar's "Incredibles 2" were supported.
Disney's Consumer Products and Interactive Media segment sales decreased 8%.
"We continue to focus on successfully completing and integrating our 21st Century Fox acquisition and further developing our direct customer business, including with excitement expected launch of our Disney streaming service late next year, "said Iger in a press release.
The Disney stock rose in late trading by 2% to 118.27, after rising 0.9% to 116 The trading after the hours suggests that the Disney stock will attempt to remove 118 buy points from a cup-shaped base, stocks erased this entry several times during a fickle October.
THAT COULD EVEN HAVE YOU LIKE:
By Hours: These 5 Stocks Are Remarkable Yield Factors Futures
Why should you choose the following day? to buy the stock exchange
? Midterms raises marijuana stocks; "Fundamental Shift" benefits these companies