قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Sudanese security forces raid mass protests

Sudanese security forces raid mass protests



  Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, head of the ruling military council, gathered support from the city of Omdurman on Saturday.

Image copyright
AFP

Caption

Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Burhan (C), head of the ruling military council, gathered support in the city of Omdurman on Saturday

According to the largest opposition group in Sudan, security forces have searched their office and blocked a new conference on the eve of mass protests against military rule.

Prior to the scheduled protests on Sunday, security forces patrolled parts of the capital, Khartoum.

] The Sudanese Professionals Association (SPA) called for a "million dollar" march on Sunday to persuade the military to pass control to the civilian population.

So far, however, there are no reports of major protests in Khartoum.

The military overthrew President Omar al-Bashir in April after a popular uprising against his rule.

In a coup d'état on June 30, 1

989, he seized power.

The SPA had organized a press conference on Saturday evening to unveil plans for the rally. This would be the first mass demonstration since the death of dozens when the military opened the fire to democracy-friendly protesters on 3 June.

Media playback is not supported on your device.

Media Signature Meet the young demonstrators in Sudan ready to die to keep the nation's revolution alive.

The protest leader Ahmed al-Rabie told AFP that the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) had canceled the press conference.

"Before we started the press conference, three RSF vehicles armed with armed men entered our building and told us not to hold the press conference."

Everyone in the building was asked to leave, Mr. al-Rabie said.

He told Reuters that the raid was "a violation of freedoms even worse than the regime of the former president." 19659019] Explanation of the violent political crisis in Sudan

  • The art that fuels the revolution in Sudan
  • The military announced that it blamed the opposition for any violence or deaths in the protests.

    Gen Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, also known as Hemeti, warned of "Vandals" and a "hidden agenda" that could use the demonstrations.

    Business was closed on Sunday in areas of the capital where protests were expected, reports AFP.

    Talks between the Transitional Military Council (TMC) and the opposition broke down after June 3 and have not resumed despite mediation by the African Union (AU) and Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

    On Friday, the SPA announced that two opposition leaders had been arrested and called for "the international community to demand their immediate release".


    Source link