SADDLE BROOK, NJ (CBSNewYork) – There is a health alert for anyone who has had surgery at a surgical center in Saddle Brook.
The Bergen County HealthPlus Surgery Center is alerting 3,000 patients to infections.
The alert refers to people who operated there between January and September 7, 2018.
WEB EXTRA : Read the Patient Letter
. The Center says, "During this period, infection control on sterilization / cleaning instruments will be forfeit and injecting medication may have put patients in contact with bloodborne pathogens."
The Center says the risk of infection is low, but they still wanted people to be tested for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV.
Patients are also personally notified.
Patients can arrange a free blood test to be paid by HealthPlus.
- In New Jersey:
- Phone 1
- The test will take place at the Hudson Regional Hospital at 55 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, New Jersey 07094.
- Bring the Letter You Received from the Center
- Phone 1
- In New York
- Tests can be performed at any LabCorp location. To find a location near you, click here.
- You can also call 1-888-507-0578 Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm. How to Schedule a Test
- Attach the received letter along with the LabCorp case you received and a photo ID.