قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Suspects admit to having killed Romanian teenagers

Suspects admit to having killed Romanian teenagers



  Romanian police escort suspect Gheorghe Dinca (C) to his home to search property in connection with the kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl in the southern Romanian city of Caracal. July 27, 2019

Copyright
EPA

Caption

Gheorghe Dinca (center) was taken home by the police during a search

A man interviewed in Romania about the disappearance of a 1

5-year-old girl admitted, according to his lawyer, to have killed her and another teenager.

Suspect Gheorghe Dinca, 65, told police he killed Alexandra Macesanu, who was missing Wednesday, and 18-year-old Luiza Melencu was missing since April.

Alexandra's case sparked a public outcry after it became known that she had made three phone calls to the police during her kidnapping.

Romania's police chief was dismissed for handling the case.

Dinca lawyer Alexandru Bogdan told the Romanian news agency Agerpres on Sunday that his client had "confessed his crimes [to]".

"My client said that the two teenagers volunteered to go with him, but in both cases, a conflict broke out soon after and he met them, with the blows causing their death," Bogdan said.

  • The Women Killed on One Day Around the World
  • Violence Affects "One Third of the EU Women"

During a search of Mr. Dinca's apartment on the weekend, police found remains of people and jewelery of Alexandra.

On Saturday, thousands of protesters marched through the streets of the capital Bucharest singing "incompetence" and demanding more dismissals of the government because of the case.

Image Rights
Robert Ghement

Caption

Protesters fire candles in front of the Romanian Ministry of the Interior in Bucharest

Alexandra's family has accused officials of not taking their phone calls seriously until it was too late.

Luiza's parents, who reportedly disappeared in the same area three months ago under similar circumstances, also accused the police of failing to do so

Demonstrators offered support to the families of the victims over the weekend, lighting candles and placing flowers a monument outside the Romanian Ministry of Interior.

What happened to Alexandra?

Alexandra disappeared on Wednesday after attempting to hitchhike On Thursday morning, she called the emergency number 112 three times and said she had been abducted by a motorist, AFP reported.

Police Chief Ioan Buda – who has now been released – said Alexandra shouted before breaking the connection, "He's coming, he's coming." I searched three buildings before identifying the house at 3:00 am on Friday.

The police then applied for a search warrant – although this was not required by law – and waited until morning until she entered the house.

Only 19 hours after Alexandra's last emergency call, they searched the property.

The police suspected that the human remains found on the property – sent for testing purposes – belonged to the girls.


Source link