قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Suspects in Ortiz shooting were offered $ 7.8K

Suspects in Ortiz shooting were offered $ 7.8K



SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic – Six suspects, including the alleged gunman, were arrested during the shooting of former Red Sox star David Ortiz, the Dominican Prosecutor General announced Wednesday.

More suspects were also tracked The shootings, by which witnesses said, happened to be done by two men on a motorcycle and two other passenger groups in cars, "said Attorney General Jean Alain Rodriguez.

" Nobody at this lamentable episode will remain unpunished, not even the material or intellectual author of "the crime," he said.

The authorities have refused to provide a motive for the shootout in a popular bar in Santo Domingo on Sunday night. [1

9659002] Among the detained suspects is the alleged gunman, who was identified by the authorities as Rolfy Ferreyra, aka Sandy.

Policeman Major General Ney Aldrin Bauti sta Almonte said the alleged coordinator of the attack was 400,000 Dominican Pesos or about $ 7,800 offered to carry out the shootings, he said The alleged coordinator was also in custody.

Other suspects included Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase, also known as The Surgeon, and a woman known as The Venezuelan, or Red, and two other men. The prosecutor announced in a statement.

Meanwhile, Ortiz's wife in Boston stated that the former Red Sox bat could stand up and take some steps while recovering in the Massachusetts General Hospital intensive care unit.

"His condition is guarded and he will stay in intensive care in the coming days, but he is making good progress on the road to recovery," Tiffany Ortiz said in the statement.

Prosecutors said the two men on the motorcycle had been seen on surveillance camera shots talking to other people in a gray Hyundai Accent and another Hyundai in a nearby street before filming.

One of the suspects, Oliver Moises Mirabal Acosta, was seen driving the Accent before boarding a motorcycle powered by 25-year-olds. Year-old d Eddy Vladimir Feliz Garcia, said the prosecutor's office in a court document.

"In one of the videos, both the defendant and the shooter could be seen planning the incident right in the parallel Octavio Mejia Ricard Street to where the event took place," the prosecutors said.

The document also revealed disability and said that motorcyclist Feliz Garcia had been captured after slipping and falling off his bike when the couple tried to escape. Furious fans captured Feliz Garcia and beat him bloody before handing him over to the police.

Mirabal Acosta was captured on Tuesday night in the city of Mao in the northern Dominican Republic.

Feliz Garcia's lawyer said his client had been charged with being an innocent motorcycle taxi driver who had no idea his passenger would commit a crime.

"He did not know what they would do, he's a fan of David." The lawyer, Deivi Solano, said on Tuesday.

43-year-old Ortiz travels frequently to Santo Domingo, where his father and sister live. He was active in the local social scene and met with friends, including TV personalities and Dominican reggaeton musicians on night clubs.

Beloved in his hometown, Ortiz traveled the dangerous streets of the Dominican capital with little or no security, trusting in the protection of his fans.

The Dominican Republic is one of the most dangerous countries in the world. According to the US Department of State, the murder rate is 12.5 killings per 100,000 people. This makes the Dominican Republic one of the 10 to 15 percent of the world's most violent countries.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.


Source link