A physician in San Diego, who has issued an estimated 1,000 vaccine exemptions since 2015, is being sued by the Medical Board of California for repeated negligence.
Dr. Tara Zandvliet is San Diego's largest anti-Vaxx practitioner, especially in the city's schools, where she has written nearly a third of all vaccination exemptions for children. Now, the state health authorities are questioning their methods with a four-part complaint that was first reported by the San Diego vote, accusing them of gross and repeated negligence, missing records and unprofessional behavior.
The father of a four-year-old girl sought help from Zandvliet to rid his daughter of vaccines, according to the state complaint filed this month. The girl referred to as patient A had already received some vaccinations, without the adverse effects that the claim of the vaccine protection movement can bring.
However, Patient A's father tried to exempt her from the vaccinations required to enroll in kindergarten. Zandvliet allegedly sent him a link to their website that contained a long list of diseases, allergies and skin conditions. If A & # 39; s father could find "4 or more" family members affected by these conditions, "I could cite the case that she's probably inherited a tendency to overreactive immune system," Zandvliet wrote.
A & # 39; s father answered that his grandmother had asthma and psoriasis, his mother had asthma and side effects on some painkillers, his half-brother had "asthma when he was younger" and his uncle had "asthma, psoriasis, and eczema Allergies to cat dandruff and dust. "Do you think that would be suitable? He asked in an e-mail. A's father then sent her letters from three of these relatives who testified about her illnesses, and a unilateral medical record of his uncle.
"Everything looks fantastic!", Zandvliet wrote about the documentation. I put you on the list of qualified and documented persons. "Later that month, without having met or examined A, Zandvliet wrote an e-mail authorizing her to be exempted from the vaccine.
Finding the relevant medical records of the [Patient A’s] family and their California-qualified SB277 for a medical waiver on vaccines.
If the 201
The new submission to Medical Board is not a criminal complaint, but she could lose her license. Zandvliet did not request a comment on Wednesday, she told the voice earlier that she recommended parents h but not to vaccinate their children.
"I can not force you to do anything, but I can only recommend it," she said about vaccinations, adding that skipping vaccines poses a risk to public health, it's absolutely the same, every school must be vaccinated to more than 95 percent. "
Doctors cite the 95 percent figure as the basis for setting up a" herd immunity "in a community If 95 percent or more of a population is vaccinated, it is unlikely that one disease spreads to the remaining 5 percent of non-vaccinated people (often infants, the elderly, and people with certain diseases that prohibit vaccination).
Despite medical recommendations, vaccination rates in California dropped after a 2015 law allowed for parents to exempt their children from the tax because of their personal beliefs, and more than a dozen kindergarten classes in San Diego have vaccination coverage Measles or whooping cough below 95 percent, including a school with a vaccination coverage of 50 percent against measles.
A new state law coming into force in 2021 would allow the state to intervene if a school's vaccination rate falls below 95 percent, or if a doctor writes more than five vaccination exemptions a year.
Despite promoting Zanvliet's claim of vaccines, her discussions with patients include misinformation about vaccinations, including a myth about aluminum in shots, according to the medical board's complaint.
Allegedly, she also asked parents to "follow their guts [their]" when deciding whether to vaccinate each child, and stated that she had used the same reasoning for her own daughter as she did was sure that she would "catch the flu this year and die because she felt it in the bones … that's a pretty strong gut feeling. So I gave her the chance.
In the case of A, vaccines seem to have been a contentious issue in the family: A's parents are divorced and when the girl's mother learned of the liberation, she asked Zandvliet if she had falsified her daughter's medical records. " [I] As far as the falsification of medical documents is concerned, this has not happened, "Zandvliet wrote, following the Medical Board's complaint," I have the records directly from the doctor. "
That was not true, says the Medical Committee. The record she received was from the girl's great-uncle, who showed that he had psoriasis and dermatitis, which Zandvliet no longer allowed as a basis for exceptions.
Finally, after granting the exemption, Zandvliet did a brief examination of A. "The interviewee found in Patient A no evidence of autoimmune disease," is said it in the complaint.