قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / The Cleveland Fertility Clinic Embryo Failure is actually much worse than originally thought: Health: Tech Times

The Cleveland Fertility Clinic Embryo Failure is actually much worse than originally thought: Health: Tech Times



Britain becomes the first nation to legalize "three-parent IVF babies"

4,000 frozen eggs and embryos were destroyed after a storage tank alarm system failed at a Cleveland fertility clinic. Further investigations show a history of problems with the storage units. Christopher Furlong | Getty Images )

When an alert system for a storage tank in a fertility clinic turned out to be weeks away, it resulted in the destruction of over 4,000 frozen eggs and embryos ̵

1; more than that, what the clinic initially thought.

The University Hospital Fertility Center in Cleveland, Ohio is not sure who triggered the alarm or what exactly happened, he wrote in a letter to the affected patients. Had it not failed, the alarm would have alerted employees to rising temperatures in the tank.

"We are still seeking these answers," says the letter.

Fertility Clinic Fiasco

The incident, along with another that happened on the same day, but in San Francisco, are two of the biggest cases of embryo loss in history, causing fertility clinics and centers across the country to change their procedures to examine more closely. The clinic that has stored embryos says they are desperate for the incident. Englisch: www.cosmetic-business.com/en/showar…p?art_id=844 because that means they may not be able to have children anymore. Lawyer Mark DiCello, who represents some of the affected patients, believes that a person in the clinic deliberately turned off the alarm system because "they had problems and decided they did not want to handle it."

Approximately 950 patients are affected, and it is doubtful to believe that one of the destroyed 4,000 eggs and embryos remains viable for fertilization. University clinics apologized to their patients and blamed human errors for the incident.

Malfunctioning Systems

At the same time, NBC News has learned about recurring problems in other tanks from the same manufacturer. An investigation showed that Custom Biogenic Systems has a history of problems dating back nearly 15 years. One such incident in the UK saw a cancer patient who had frozen his sperm for fear of dying from conceiving another child.

The freezer in which his sperm lay failed, and the sperm was suddenly useless. The patient eventually died. The clinic simply said that there had been a technical disorder in which the freezer had stowed the sperm and that was it.

In 2003, it was reported that Custom Biogenic Systems knew of 21 incidents of freezer failure. That was only in the UK. Soon after, the manufacturer upgraded 95 percent of the devices and vowed that the remaining 5 percent should be ready by 2006. Therefore, malfunctions should not exist anymore.

The Clinic of University hospitals says that it is now being converted to a new tank tank and a new alarm system. In addition, it has also changed the monitoring system of the tanks.

© 2018 Tech Times, All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *