The Egyptian Home Office said the raids that took place on Saturday morning targeted three alleged terrorist hiding places that were planning hostile actions during the Christmas holidays, the Al-Ahram online newspaper said.
Ammunition, firearms and Al-Ahram reported that improvised explosive devices had been salvaged in significant numbers, citing a statement from the ministry.
The raids were arranged to continue the ministry's efforts to prosecute terrorist elements who were involved in conducting enemy operations to destabilize the country's security, "the statement said.
" The national security sector had information on the preparation and planning of a series of terrorist attacks aimed at state institutions, in particular the economy, the tourism industry, the armed forces, the police and Christian places of worship. "
Three Vietnamese tourists and one Egyptian tour guide were sent to the Attack on Friday in a central tourist area of Giza near Cairo, where the pyramids are located, killed and injured at least eleven people.
The improvised explosive device was hidden Near a wall in El-Maryoutiya Street in Giza Haram district went on, as the bus vorb eifuhr, said the authorities. Nobody has claimed responsibility.
Vietnamese Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh said he was "deeply affected" by the attack.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Hafez called the bombing "a vile, cowardly terrorist act" in a statement on Twitter. "We offer our sincere condolences to the families of the victims in Vietnam and Egypt. We will continue to prepare for a new year of determination to eradicate terrorism, "he said.
The US Department of State also condemned the attack." We support all Egyptians in the fight against terrorism and support the Egyptian government She said