Want to get local news notifications on your desktop?
Posted: 11:37 AM, Sep 21, 2019
Updated: 2019-09-21 14: 44: 42-04  From:
Employees of abc15.com
PHOENIX (AP) – Authorities in Phoenix say it turns out that a chemical was spilled on a post on Saturday It was a broken glass bottle with Acetone used in nail polish removers.
The Dangerous Substances and Police had responded to the report of a packet explosion, and the Fire Department spokesman said three postal workers had "minor complaints" about their exposure to the then unidentified chemical.
Fire Commander Danny Gile later said that the chemical is acetone, and in connection with the pack there is "no suspicion of malicious intent".
CONNECTED: FD: Parcel explodes at Maryvale Post, spilling unknown chemical on 3 workers
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.