قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / The Florida woman says Father died after he had contracted carnivorous bacteria from the beach

The Florida woman says Father died after he had contracted carnivorous bacteria from the beach



TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – A woman from Florida Panhandle says her father died after he became infected with carnivorous bacteria while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico in Destin.

In a Facebook post shared on Facebook more than 19,000 times Cheryl Bennett Wiygul, based in Niceville, reported how her father had been infected with the bacterium since it was divulged on Wednesday.

She said that her father, Dave Bennett, visited her with her mother.

"My parents wanted to stay with me about a week after posting in Florida, when a 1

2-year-old girl in Destin began to become infected with bacteria that turned into necrotizing fasciitis (carnivorous bacteria) to believe that, "wrote Bennett Wiygul. "My family loves being in the water, and our County Okaloosa has published an article entitled" Rumor Control, "which responds to the post that seemed to dispel everyone's fears." However, Bennett Wiygul was cautious and noted that the 12-year-old girl who had contracted the bacteria had a cut on her leg. She researched and was "fanatical" when it came to using proper protection.

"My dad did not have any open wounds, he had a couple of spots where there were some small scratches on his arms and legs that I thought were super sealed," Bennett Wiygul said. "My mother religiously blocked him from the sun, we took precautions and we were fine, I thought."

She said the family had a great time and visited the beach in Destin twice, played in Turkey Creek, swam in Boggy Bayou and spent a day in Rocky Bayou with jet skis throwing a ball in the water. But 12 hours later, Dave Bennett woke up with fever, chills, and a few cramps.

"My parents had planned to return to Memphis this morning anyway, and my mother wanted him to be near his doctors to have him examined." He had previously been ill and they knew his history so that It seemed the best thing to do, "wrote Bennett Wiygul.

But on the way home it got worse and the pain on his legs got worse. Since he was suffering from cancer, the family took no risk and brought him quickly to a hospital. When they examined him, they found a swollen black spot on his back that had not been there before.

"My mother sent me a picture of it and it felt like a dumbass hit me," Bennett Wiygul wrote. "… I never saw a cut on his back, and neither did I. We did not see this place, I told her to tell them he was in the water in Florida and it was one necrotizing fasciitis. "

Bennett Wiygul's mother was skeptical.

"One person told her that the media screwed that up disproportionately," Bennett Wiygul said. "Others said it was staphylococci, they would not biopsy it, they started it on iv antibiotics." At 1 am, her father was septic and was transferred to the intensive care unit. He once had a cardiopulmonary arrest and was revived before he again suffered a cardiopulmonary arrest. At that time, the medical staff said his organs were too damaged and his blood too acid.

"He had disappeared on Sunday afternoon, less than 48 hours after feeling great out of the water, the bacteria had destroyed him." Bennett Wiygul wrote.

Laboratory results confirmed what Bennett Wiygul suspected all along: Vibro vulnificus manifesting in necrotizing fasciitis or carnivorous bacteria.

"There were no bacterial warnings on any beach or park we went to," Bennett Wiygul said. "They give hints for bacteria, but there were none."

That's why she signed up on social media to share her story with the public. Although she knew you should not be swimming with an open wound, she did not know that people with weakened immune systems should stay out of the water. If there was a sign, she says she did not let her father into the water.

"I absolutely do not try to scare people off the beach or swimming.I love the water, and my father too," wrote Bennett Wiygul. "People need to know how to be more careful and to recognize symptoms, there is information, but I did not find everything until it was too late, I do not want this to happen to anyone else." 19659002] The family plans a feast of life for their father on July 20th.

According to

CDC

the greatest risk of contracting Vibro vulnificus is diabetes and kidney disease. Liver cirrhosis, cancer and anyone with a weakened immune system. According to the CDC, eating raw seafood, especially oysters, and exposing open wounds to saltwater or brackish water can increase the likelihood of a person suffering from vibriosis].


Source link