قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Entertainment / The former WWE superstar from Louisville dies after the second fight against brain tumor

The former WWE superstar from Louisville dies after the second fight against brain tumor



LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Matt Cappotelli, a former WWE superstar from Louisville who has been battling cancer twice in the last decade, died Friday.

Cappotelli's wife wrote on Facebook that her husband "went home with Jesus … exactly one year after his brain operation."

In a WDRB News story in 2017, a grade 4 glioblastoma tumor was diagnosed at Cappotelli , the deadliest form of brain tumor. His first bout with a brain tumor in 2005 was a dramatic battle that spread as the world watched. Cappotelli won the "Tough Enough" reality show in 2003 and received a WWE contract. He was then appointed as a development trainee to the Ohio Valley Wrestling in Louisville.

Cappotelli defeated cancer in 2007, but also ended his career in the ring. And then, in June 2017, surgeons removed 90 percent of the mass that squeezed Cappotelli's skull. The remaining 10 percent were treated with chemo, but it was considered too dangerous to touch next to the brainstem. It was considered terminal, and doctors said only 5 percent of patients survive five years.

Cappotelli was 38 years old.

This story is being updated.

Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.


Source link