قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / The Harris campaign files an emergency request with the Electoral Board of North Carolina to confirm the November results

The Harris campaign files an emergency request with the Electoral Board of North Carolina to confirm the November results



The filing is one day after a three-judge court refused to stay in order to keep the state election authority in its current form. The state election authority, which investigates allegations in the 9th district, will disband on Friday at 12.00.

The Board has refused to certify Harris as the winner of November because there were indications of irregularities in the number of absentee votes and reports of fraud driven by a Harris-based Republican.

Harris leads the unofficial coverage of election of 2018 with 905 votes over Democratic candidate Dan McCready.

McCready's campaign has not immediately returned CNN's request for comment.

In her petition, the Harris campaign to the board wrote that "she does not know any irregularities or others." Concerns are enough to change the election result in the 9th district.

With no hearing scheduled on Friday morning, the board is unlikely to comply with the request.

I If the board does not certify him, Harris told the WBT radio in Charlotte he was ready to fight

Although the board is to be dissolved, the board staff can continue to work on the investigation, but they will not be able to "hold summons, hold hearings, or call for new elections," said Joshua Lawson. the General Counsel of the Board.

The Board had planned to hold a hearing on the case on or before December 21

, but later set a date for January 11, 2019.

The current structure of the Chamber had been defeated before the 2018 elections, but the court had postponed the implementation of this order so far.

In their judgment of Thursday, the judges said that d The Chamber did not follow earlier court decisions and that they had not provided sufficient information as to why the hearing was late.

There is also uncertainty about the composition of the Electoral Commission. A new state law requires Democratic Governor Roy Cooper to appoint a new board, but not until January 31, 2019.

Cooper said he would appoint a temporary board on Friday to chair the meeting by the end of January. State Republicans have said Cooper has no authority to do so and plan to challenge it in court. The party also said it will not accept dates for the new board that Cooper is trying to establish.

If the provincial electorate can substantiate the growing evidence of irregularities in the 9th district race, they are expected to call for a new election in early 2019.

State officials are currently investigating the scam fraudulents allegedly staged by Leslie McRae Dowless, whose efforts may have helped Harris win Bladen County.

"To date, the State Board Investigative Staff has conducted more than 100 interviews, and the staff is actively involved in reviewing more than 182,000 pages of material created in response to 12 State Board subpoenas," Joshua Malcolm , the Democratic CEO, said in a sworn statement filed with the court on December 21.

Harris has denied any wrongdoing. In his interview with the WBT Radio, Harris defended his decision to stop Dowless and said that the GOP agent had been recommended to him by political leaders whom he trusted in the state.

Harris explicitly stated that Dowless said he did not collect a "picking-election" suit that Dowless is accused of and is an illegal practice in North Carolina.

He also floated a conspiracy theory stating that the electoral commission was made up of Republican and intentionally sticking to it with information that hinders him from winning the election.

"If they decided to sit on it, they would wait, and they would see it and somehow, if there were $ 11 million and Dan McCready could not beat Mark Harris, would this be an insurance they would play to get a do-over? "Asked Harris," I would not like to believe that we have an agency in our state government that would operate on this kind of weird leadership, but I'll tell you that the facts are the facts. They sat on it and we could have known what was going on there and I just think it's sad.

The State Republican Party welcomed the Harris campaign's decision to bring an application to court.

"It is important to note that there is no serious evidence of some of the most worrying allegations" Destruction of ballots has always been true, "said Carolina Republican Party leader Robin Hayes in a statement on Friday. "There is simply no concrete evidence to prove that even the mistreatment of some electoral votes in this race meant a change of more than a thousand votes."

CNN's Gregory War contributed to this report.


Source link