Microsoft has released the much anticipated update KB4505658 for Windows 10, version 1809, on July 22, 2019. The update is the second cumulative update for the month after KB4507466 and KB4507465 for Windows 10, version 1803, and 1709 released on July 16. 2019 after the release of security updates for July 2019 a week earlier.
The second cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903, the current version of the Windows 10 operating system, is still missing.
KB4505658 resolves numerous issues in Windows 10 version 1809.
Notice : It is recommended that you install the update only if you are experiencing one of the issues and need to fix it as soon as possible , Updates can cause other problems and it is recommended to wait until they are no longer affected. If you need to install it, make sure you back up before proceeding. If you are not sure which backup program to use for this task, read the free Backup & Recovery.
KB4505658 for Windows 1
0, Version 1809
KB4505658 is already available in Windows Update. Clicking the Check for updates button returns the new update to systems using Windows Update. It is not available for enterprise and enterprise upgrade solutions, but can be downloaded as a stand-alone update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog Web site.
KB4505658 addresses the following issues:
- Fixes a performance issue with some Web sites that use WebAssembly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented IE from dragging tabs to create new browser windows.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the PIN prompt from appearing in Internet Explorer authentication. An issue with the Windows notification system that displayed "nonsense" characters instead of single quotes.
- An issue with Windows Search that did not return newly installed or updated applications has been resolved.
- A problem with Office 2010 that caused the save was fixed and saved as it does not work on high-contrast systems.
- Fixed a migration issue that caused SharedPC policies to not migrate properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused hardware support applications to fail to install in a timely manner.
- Fixed a Windows protocol issue that prevented the processing of notifications when the log was full.
- Fixed an issue where a Microsoft account or an Azure Active Directory account was detected until the user logged off and logged in again.
- Netlogon service error "0xC000007A – ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND" has been fixed.
- A Windows Hello for Business authentication issue on Windows Server 2016 with Server Core installed has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that caused some errors Windows Server containers or Hyper-V containers have blank names.
- Fixed an input and output problem when MPIO failover (multipath I / O) occurred.
- The error ExceptionCode c0000005 (access violation) related to windows.storage has been fixed .dll.
- Improved the CRL on computers running Internet Key Exchange Version 2 for VPN connections.
- Bug fixed "ERROR_PORT_NOT_AVAILABLE (633)" when using Always On VPN with t The IKEv2 protocol.
- Fixed an issue that changed the status of working folders in File Explorer to 0x80C802A0 (ECS_E_SYNC_UPLOAD_PLACEHOLDER_FAILURE) after freeing space.
- Fixed a bug that was caused when using "certain data persistence storage technologies".
- Fixed an issue that corrupted the Microsoft Message Queuing feature and prevented recovery or rebooting.
- Fixed a problem with the Windows Eyes screen reader application that caused some functionality not to work as expected.
- Fixed an issue where certain permissions were not retained when selecting "Keep My Files" after using "Reset" This PC.
- A system reliability issue when upgrading Windows 10, version 1703, has been resolved.
- A registry was fixed issue with the commercial Windows Enterprise data pipeline.
- Updating Time Zone Information for Brazil
Microsoft lists four known issues on the Support page. The update fixes the known Windows Eyes problem, but the following four issues still are not resolved:
- Certain operations may fail on shared cluster volumes.
- Devices with "some installed Asian language packs" might receive the error "0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND".
- Devices may boot into a black screen the first time you start the update.
- Devices that use Preboot Execution Environment images may receive a "Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device is not connected or is not being accessed" error message.
Now You: When do you install available updates? Do you have experience with this update?