The latest on the investigation of Prince's death (all times local):
A doctor who treated Prince told the musician's bodyguard about two weeks before his death that he "just did not looks really good. "
The investigation file released on Thursday contains text messages between Dr. Michael Schulenberg and Prince's longtime friend and bodyguard Kirk Johnson.
The news shows that Johnson contacted Schullenberg on April 7, 2016 because Prince did not feel well and desired fluids. He wrote that "Prince should be flying for a show today." He might have some other problems I think. "
The news shows that Schulenberg went to Paisley Park to privately handle Prince, and later ordered Johnson to wish them a safe trip. Schulenberg said that Prince had no complications from the treatment, but "just does not look very good, because you know him better, you can say that better than me." He offered to "do some lab tests at a later date".
The news indicates that Schulenberg has treated Prince at least once before his death.
An Assistant To Prince told the investigators that he had been unusually calm and ill with the flu in the days before he was found dead.
The research material released on Thursday contains audio of a five-minute interview with Meron Bekure, who told a detective she had been Prince's personal assistant for the last year and a half.
Bekure says Prince has been "a bit quiet" over the last few weeks and has not sent as many e-mails the entire day as before. She says she has reported his behavior against the flu, which has led to him recently canceling a show.
Bekure says she saw Prince a day earlier when she wanted to take him to the doctor for an examination. She says that Prince told her that he would go with his adjutant Kirk Johnson.
Newly published research material in the investigation into Prince's death included several police videos depicting the pop superstar's body near a lift in his Minnesota estate
The Videos show the scene that investigators at Paisley Park documented after Prince was found dead from an overdose of drugs.
They have no audio, but show an investigator with a video camera panning the estate to show the death scene.
Prince is shown on his back next to a sun design in the carpet. His head is on the floor, his eyes closed, his right hand on his stomach and his left arm on the floor. The walls are decorated with several albums, representations of Prince and other memorabilia.
At least one Prince fan says she does not believe he was right when a Minnesota district attorney announced that two years ago, there was no criminal charge for the accidental overdose Death of the musician
39-year-old Kimberlee Andrus from Austin, Minnesota attended the press conference on Thursday, where Carver County attorney Mark Metz made the announcement. The prosecutor said the investigators are unable to determine who delivered the fake opioid drugs that killed Prince.
Andrus says the announcement was "devastating". She says that Prince deserves the truth to come out, and she does not believe it will.
Andrus wore a purple sweater and has a tattoo of Prince's love symbol. She plans to attend a candlelight vigil Friday night outside Paisley Park, the former estate of Prince. Saturday will mark the second anniversary of his death.
A friend of Prince's, who told the authorities he helped the pop superstar receive painkillers, said he was relieved not to be charged with Prince's death , 19659002] That says F. Clayton Tyler, a lawyer for the Prince's friend Kirk Johnson. Tyler says Thursday's prosecutor's announcement that Princes death would not be filed with a criminal complaint confirms Johnson's innocence.
Tyler says Johnson continues to deny that he has anything to do with Prince's death.
A search warrant in the case of Johnson had asked a doctor to prescribe painkillers for Prince, and the doctor prescribed oxycodone in Johnson's name. Www.mjfriendship.de/de/index.php?op…80&Itemid=58 Federal agency said on Thursday that the doctor had agreed to pay a civil penalty to decide the case. Englisch: www.mjfriendship.de/en/index.php?op…95&Itemid=55.
Prince died of fentanyl overdose, not oxycodone
As the state of Minnesota finishes its investigation into the death of Prince without charge, federal authorities say they too have not received credible evidence to support indictments.
Carver County Attorney Mark Metz announced Thursday that the investigators had found no evidence of the case. He says Prince thought he was taking Vicodin pills, not the Fentanyl that killed him, and there was no evidence anyone around Prince knew the pills were fake.
Following Metz's announcement, the US Attorney's office in Minneapolis issued a statement that I have not received credible evidence to support federal criminal charges. The office said it will not comment further.
An investigator close to the investigation told the Associated Press that the federal investigation is now inactive unless new information appears. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity, because the case remains open.
Associated Press writer Amy Forliti has contributed to this report.
A Minnesota prosecutor says Prince thought he would take Vicodin when he inadvertently overdosed Fentanyl.
Carver County lawyer Mark Metz filed a two-year investigation that contained no evidence to justify an indictment on the death of the pop superstar
Prince died April 21, 2016, in his Paisley Park Compound
Metz says Evidence showed that Prince took fake Vicodin without knowing it. And Metz says that there is no evidence that the people around Prince gave him fake Vicodin or knew he had it.
A doctor accused shortly before his death of illegally prescribing a painkiller agreed to fine Thursday as part of a civilian settlement. But this painkiller did not kill Prince.
The county attorney in the county of Minnesota, where Prince died, says he does not file a criminal complaint when the musician dies.
The announcement Thursday by Carver County prosecutor Mark Metz indicates that the state is investigating how Prince is closing the fentanyl that killed him. It came hours after documents revealed that a doctor had been accused of illegally prescribing an opioid for Prince, had agreed to pay $ 30,000 to settle a federal infringement.
Metz said the evidence shows that Prince thought he was taking Vicodin, not fentanyl. He said that there is no evidence that any person associated with Prince knew he had any fake pill containing fentanyl.
Prince was 57 when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator in his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016.
A recent federal search warrant states that a A Minnesota doctor who had treated Prince in the weeks prior to his death, expressed concern that the musician was suffering from opiate withdrawal.
The outrageous document says Thursday Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg saw Prince on April 7, 2016 at the request of Prince's friend Kirk Johnson and prescribed vitamin D and ondansetron under Johnson's name.
The document states that Johnson called the doctor on April 14 and asked him to prescribe a painkiller for Prince. Authorities say Schulberg prescribed oxycodone for Prince, again under Johnson's name. Schulenberg denies that, but pays $ 30,000 to settle a civil rights violation.
The doctor also saw Prince on April 20, when Prince reported he was feeling nervous. Urinalysis was tested positive for opioids.
Prince was found dead the next day of a fentanyl overdose. The doctor faces no criminal charges and his lawyer says he played no role in Prince's death.
A lawyer from a Minnesota doctor accused of illegally prescribing opioid analgesics for Prince A week before the musician died of a fentanyl overdose, he denies The claim, however, says that he has agreed to pay $ 30,000 to avoid a federal civil – law infringement in order to avoid the costs and risk of litigation
. Michael Todd Schulenberg was accused of prescribing Prince Oxycodone and publishing it under the name Princes Bodyguard and close friend Kirk Johnson to protect Prince's privacy.
But attorney Amy Conners says in a statement that he confirmed his earlier testimony, he did not prescribe opiates to any patient with the intention of giving them to Prince.
She says that after the doctor had learned of Prince's addiction, he immediately began working to treat him
A physician in Minnesota accused of illegally prescribing an opioid for Prince a week before the death of the musician, has agreed to pay $ 30,000 to settle a civil claim.
The settlement comes because prosecutors are planning to announce whether anyone will be indicted in the two-year investigation of Prince's death.
Prince died on April 21, 2016 from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid. Nobody was prosecuted.
But the federal government claims that Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg violated the Controlled Substances Act when, on April 14, 2016, he wrote a prescription in someone else's name.
Prince's settlement published on Thursday, but the previously published search warrants say Schulenberg wrote a prescription for oxycodone on behalf of the prince's bodyguard, intending to surrender it to Prince.
A two-year investigation into The Overdose Death of Music Superstar Prince reaches a critical phase when a district attorney reveals whether criminal charges are filed.
Carver County Attorney Mark Metz scheduled a press conference Thursday morning to inform about the investigation. It is scheduled for 11:30.
Prince died on April 21, 2016, after being found alone and unresponsive in an elevator in his home and recording studio in a suburb of Minneapolis. An autopsy revealed that he had died from an accidental fentanyl overdose.
Prince's death at the age of 57 sparked a nationwide heartbreak, as well as a joint investigation of the county and the covenant.