LG officially announced today the V35 ThinQ. From the point of view of design, it is largely identical to its predecessors V30S and V30. As for internal specifications, it borrows almost everything from the $ 750 G7 ThinQ. The main differences between the V35 and the G7 are the screen, the battery capacity and the amount of RAM. Another significant difference is the price: AT & T sells the V35 ThinQ for a staggering $ 900 (or $ 30 monthly over 30 months). Pre-orders will start on Friday, and the V35 will be in stores on June 8, around the same time other carriers will sell the G7.
The V35 gives you a more traditional, non-notched OLED screen. The display is wider than the G7, but the disadvantage is that the phone in one hand is not quite as comfortable. The battery is slightly larger at 3,300mAh than at 3,000 in the G7, and the V35 contains 6GB of RAM compared to the 4GB of the G7. Aside from the notch, the other salient feature of the G7 is its incredibly loud boom box speaker; the V35 does not bring that over. It also does not have a dedicated power button (the fingerprint sensor handles this) or Google Assistant button.
It's hard for me to see this phone as something other than the guts of the G7 in the V30 case. That's no problem if you really prefer OLED or strongly do not like all things. But I am amazed at where the $ 1
The G7 seems to me the better way to be honest. At least it feels a little new. If the V30S repeats, as Vlad wrote in February, then LG does nothing to revive things for the V series. Everything that once distinguished it has invaded the G-Series, and the V35 will not stand long. Also note that the very similar V30S is available for less than $ 700.
This is how V35 and G7 compare. Differences between them are in bold:
V35 ThinQ Specifications:
- 6 inch 18: 9 Quad HD + (2880 x 1440) OLED display (538 pixels per inch)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 16MP Super wide angle (f / 1.9, 107 degree field of view) and 16MP standard angle (f / 1.6, 71 degree field of view) rear cameras
- 8MP wide angle (f / 1.9, 80 degree field of view) Front camera
- 64 GB internal memory + microSD extension
- 6 GB RAM
- 3,300 mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Other Features: AI CAM / Super Bright Camera / Super Far-field Voice Recognition / Google Lens / AI Haptics / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS: X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Cover / HDR10 / Face Detection / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge ™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant
G7 ThinQ specifications :
- 6.1-inch 19.5: 9 Quad HD + (3120 x 1440) LCD Display (564 pixels per inch)  Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor  16MP Super Wide Angle (f / 1.9, 107 degree field of view) and 16MP standard angle (f / 1.6, 71 degree field of view) cameras
- 8MP wide angle (f / 1.9 , 80 degree front camera field
- 64GB internal memory + microSD extension
- 4GB RAM in USA / 6GB in some international markets
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo  Boom Box Speakers
- Other Features: Super Bright Display / Google Assistant Button / Power Button / AI CAM / Super Bright Camera / Super Far-field Speech Recognition / Google Lens / AI Haptic / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS: X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Cover / HDR10 / Face Detection / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge ™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant