Since its issuance a brief statement Saturday after a test of his Crew Dragon vehicle resulted in an "anomaly". SpaceX has not commented on the ongoing investigation. NASA has not said much, in addition to supporting the investigation and the agency has "full confidence in SpaceX" to understand and address the issue that seems to have destroyed the crew's capsule , [19659005EinfrüheresTreffendesAerospaceSafetyAdvisoryPanelsderNASAamDonnerstagbotjedocheinwenigmehrEinblickindasProblemdesCrewDragon-FahrzeugsinderSpaceX-Werkszone1inLandingZone1inFloridainderNähederbeidenStartplätzedesUnternehmens19659005] "The incident occurred during a static fire test conducted prior to the in-flight departure test," said Patricia Sanders, chair of the panel tasked with ensuring a healthy safety culture at NASA and the risks involved in space flight possibly weakened.  The Crew Dragon capsule in question is the same one that successfully flown a demonstration mission to the International Space Station in March. On Saturday, the spaceship was prepared for a take-off flight this summer. During the demolition flight, the Dragon would have launched with a Falcon 9 booster from Florida and then fired its powerful SuperDraco engines to show that the Dragon would safely disengage itself from the missile in the event of a booster problem before or during the flight could.
"The shot was intended to demonstrate the performance of integrated SuperDraco dual vehicle height systems vibroacoustically for demolition environments," Sanders said. Sanders said the test simulated the Falcon 9 rocket under the rupture of the spacecraft and triggered a crash.
"The launch of 12 service Dracos was successfully completed," she said, noting that the 12 smaller Draco engines maneuvers worked normally. "The firing of eight SuperDracos led to an anomaly," Sanders concluded. This indicates that the anomaly occurred during or immediately after the SuperDraco test. Sanders also noted that SpaceX followed all safety protocols for the test and that no one was injured.
Later during the meeting, another member of the security jury, former astronaut Sandy Magnus, stated that she understood the public's desire to learn more about the accident. Some people, including the editors of the Orlando Sentinel, demanded that more information be released immediately.
But SpaceX and NASA should have more time to investigate the accident, Magnus said. "We know that there is a great deal of interest in the recent abuse of SpaceX," she said. "We are patient." At present, the investigations are in the phase of securing the scene of the accident, collecting data and developing an anomaly schedule to begin defining a cause.
Both NASA and the Security Panel said it was too early to assess how this setback will impact the planned scheduled crash of SpaceX during the flight and the first manned Dragon mission. The agency had been working on a crew-crew flight in early October, which is now likely to be pushed back at least until early 2020.