Google released an updated series of Pixel Buds for the first time in October last year, but there’s no fixed release date after Spring. A product list appeared at B & H two months ago saying that the buds “are coming soon”, but that was later removed. Another page has now been made available about Pixel Buds 2, and although it has already been removed, nothing on the Internet is ever really deleted.
Abt Electronics, a US-based retail store, temporarily took pre-orders for the Pixel Buds 2 before the product page was removed. The price was set at $ 1
There isn’t much new here, but the site confirms that the new buds offer dynamic 12mm speaker drivers, a customized “with a three-point anchor system” design, touch controls, water resistance, and functionality. On a device that supports Fast Pair, tap Pairing. Please find the full product description below.
- Rich audio.
With specially designed dynamic 12mm speaker drivers, Google Pixel Buds deliver high quality audio.
- Clearer calls.
Built-in sensors detect when you’re speaking, and microphones that focus on your voice keep background noise in the background.
- Well designed from ear to ear.
Google Pixel Buds is designed for your convenience and is based on scans of thousands of ears. You get a customizable, secure fit while the spatial opening keeps you open to the world around you.
- Secure fit
Google Pixel Buds is equipped with a three-point anchor system and combines first-class comfort with a great fir to keep your earbuds safe while you exercise.
- Stay Aware.
A spatial ventilation keeps you connected to the world around you.
- Touch control
Tap to play and pause. Swipe to change the volume.
- Sweat and water repellent.
Google Pixel Buds is not afraid of some water, so rainy days and sweaty workouts are no problem.
- Help on the go.
To play your favorite music, get directions, or call your mother, just say “Hey Google”. 2nd
- Understand the world around you.
Get real-time translations right in your ear, 3 whether you’re ordering a dinner in Tokyo or visiting your multilingual family.
- Switch on without plug.
Charge your Google Pixel Buds in the case or place the case on a compatible wireless charger
- Pair quickly.
Pair them with Google Pixel with just a tap. Google Pixel Buds can also be easily connected to Bluetooth ™ 4.0+ laptops, tablets, Android and iOS devices.
- Find your earphones.
Don’t worry about misplacing your earphones. Find My Device makes it easier to find Google Pixel Buds. 5
- Google Assistant requires an Assistant-enabled Android 6.0+ device, a Google account, and an internet connection.
- Google Assistant requires an Assistant-enabled Android 6.0+ device, a Google account, and an internet connection. Music subscriptions may be required. The device location must be enabled to access some features.
- Requires a device running Android 6.0 or later and an internet connection. You can find the available languages at g.co/pixelbuds/help.
- Wireless charger sold separately.
- Requires Google Pixel Buds connected with Fast Pair to a device running Android 6.0 or higher with location history enabled.
While it is not yet clear when the updated Pixel Buds will be released, we at least know everything you need to know about them.
- Thanks a lot:
- @serialtoon (Twitter)