قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / The resident of New York develops a bacterial infection after drinking raw milk from the farm in Pennsylvania: officials

The resident of New York develops a bacterial infection after drinking raw milk from the farm in Pennsylvania: officials



A New York resident has developed a bacterial infection after drinking raw milk, probably from a Pennsylvania farm, the New York Department of Health said this week.

The resident has not done so According to New York Health officials, RB51

– a strain of brucella abortus bacteria – was infected after he or she had drunk raw milk, according to officials from the Miller's Biodiversity Farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. On his website, Miller & # 39; s says it's a "private food club" that "allows its members to access food directly from farms and other vendors, bypassing the supermarket."

The farm was quarantined by the Department of Agriculture of Pennsylvania (PDA)). This means that it is forbidden to sell its raw cow's milk products while officials continue to investigate.

CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS App

. That is, pasteurized dairy products from the farm "are considered safe," the PDA said in a statement.

"Consumers who have purchased unpasteurized cow's milk or milk products from Miller's Biodiversity Farm in Lancaster County should dispose of these products immediately," the PDA added.

Unpasteurized milk may contain bacteria that can cause brucellosis and a variety of other harmful diseases, such as listeriosis, salmonellosis, campylobacteriosis, typhoid and tuberculosis, according to the New York Department of Health. Milk is pasteurized – heated to a certain temperature – to kill harmful bacteria.

The symptoms of brucellosis include fever, sweating, weight loss, fatigue, joint pain and headache.

[19459017KROGERDIAGNOSTICPRODUCTSOVERHEADHAZARDOUTS

"Symptoms can occur up to six months after exposure. In severe cases, infections of the bones, joints, reproductive organs, the central nervous system or the lining of the heart may occur. The infection can also lead to the loss of the fetus in pregnant women, "said the New York Department of Health.

The New Yorker infected with RB51 "is doing well," said the health department, noting that he or she is the "third infected person" RB51 due to raw milk consumption confirmed in the United States in the last two years. "The other two lived in Texas and New Jersey and were diagnosed in 2017, the health department said.

"Raw milk products can contain harmful bacteria that can cause serious health risks, and there are pasteurization standards to protect people from diseases that are transmitted in raw milk and dairy products," said New York State Health Commissioner. Howard Zucker understand the dangers of these products and avoid their consumption. "


Source link