Home / Entertainment / The Venice Film Festival is still running in September, the governor of Venice confirms – diversity

The Venice Film Festival is still running in September, the governor of Venice confirms – diversity



The Venice Film Festival will take place in the autumn as planned, the governor of the region confirmed on Sunday.

Governor of Veneto Luca Zaia said the world’s longest-running film festival, scheduled to take place from September 2nd to 12th, has not yet ended. The official’s confirmation comes days after the Venice Biennale, which oversees the film festival along with a number of other art events, has moved its architecture biennial to 2021 but has retained the film festival’s autumn dates. Before that, architecture and film festivals should overlap.

Zaia said on Sunday that the architecture biennial was postponed due to complications in the construction of the necessary pavilions. The film festival continues, although he warned that there will likely be fewer films this year.

Venice interviewed a wide range of film industry leaders in early May to ask about concerns and suggestions for the upcoming issue, as reported by diversity. The letter, signed by Venice̵

7;s artistic director Alberto Barbera, was designed to measure how many filmmakers, actors, and producers are willing to attend the festival.

“We know that it is simply impossible to plan a festival without knowing whether you are all ready to use the festival to make a fresh start and to give a strong signal that cinema will continue to be in these difficult times Life remains, “wrote Barbera. In the letter, producers and sales representatives were also asked about the “concrete possibility to bring (talents) with them to accompany the invited films”.

Obviously, the organizers – who were expected to make a decision at the end of May – are now confident that the festival can take place as planned, although the appearance of the event will be different this year due to the need to take public health protection measures into account . The festival has not yet commented on the plans for September.

Venice previously said it would not go the virtual route, but made it clear in its industry survey that it is considering a “virtual demonstration room with a secure online platform” for those who cannot participate but have previously been accredited. In January, the festival announced that Cate Blanchett would serve as president of the jury.

Italy will reopen its borders for European travelers on June 3 and will waive mandatory quarantine restrictions for inbound travel. The country, which is one of the most coronavirus-affected countries in Europe, has been slowly decommissioning in recent weeks, despite reporting 32,785 deaths so far.




Source link