قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / The video in which Trump kisses Alva Johnson causes both sides to demand justification

The video in which Trump kisses Alva Johnson causes both sides to demand justification



Johnson, a former Trump campaigner living in Alabama, said in a lawsuit filed in February that Trump seized her hand in August 2016 and violently kissed her without her consent in Florida. Johnson claims she is underpaid in comparison to the men's campaign. The White House and the Trump campaign have denied Johnson's allegations.
A short excerpt of a longer video, taken by a volunteer Trump campaign helper and released earlier this week by Trump lawyer Charles Harder, allegedly shows the encounter.

"And I & # 39; left my family for you for eight months," Johnson says in the video, before Trump kisses her on the cheek.

"Eight months for you," she repeats. "We'll take you to the White House, see you in February."

In a court case on Wednesday, Harder argued that the video shows Trump kissing Johnson in a way that is not consistent with her claims.

] "The two have a very brief, innocent interaction that is mutual ̵

1; not enforced," Harder wrote, adding that the video indicates that Johnson's claims are "completely wrong."

But in a court document filed after the video Johnson's attorney team argued that "the video shows exactly what Ms. Johnson reportedly happened to her: an unwanted kiss from defendant Trump."

Johnson's lawyer Hassan Zavareei said in a statement to CNN on Friday: "The day we still have not received the unaltered original video, there's no way to check if the video was cut."

Harder has previously tried to dismiss the case, and at a hearing in June argued that the allegations were politically motivated.

  Former Trump campaign employee sued because Trump kissed them without permission

"This is a political case for itself, a political agenda that would affect Donald Trump and paralyze his presidency, and doing so is wrong," Harder said in court.

US District Judge William Jung responded by saying that Johnson deserved a hearing on her battery claims.

"As for the battery case, she is guilty of her day in court." I see no end, "said Jung.

Johnson is not the first or only woman to accuse Trump of unwanted sexual advances, she and 14 others Women have made various allegations of sexual misconduct against the president.

In October 2016, an "Access Hollywood" video from 2005 hit Trump when he felt entitled, without consent, "to women on their fingers

Johnson's team wrote in the initial complaint that after the Access Hollywood tape was released in October 2016, Johnson had consulted a lawyer to find out about the kissing incident – about a week Following the publication of the tape, Johnson relinquished the campaign under the lawsuit.

Zavareei told CNN that Johnson publicly blamed her with her accusation Sexua came out badly against Trump because she "decided she could not keep silent" and added that "she immediately tried to hire a lawyer after the Access Hollywood band came out".

CNN's Maegan Vazquez, MJ Lee, Dan Shepherd and Max Blau have contributed to this report.


Source link