It is not everyday that you pack all you stuff and move across the country or atleast across the town. It becomes confusing to figure out what things the movers will move for you and what things they won’t move. Before initiating the packing it is essential to know what the movers will move for you and what they won’t. Here we have a descriptive guide on what things your mover will not move for you during your shifting. For more information you can contact National Moving Companies.
- Plants: A special license is required to move plants across a distance of 150 miles so the long distance movers will not move you beloved plants. The reason being predators emerald ash borer and several other predators hitch a ride and relocate to a new location along with the plants and thus spreads in the newly shifted area.
- Hazardous items: Things like paint, aerosol, Fire extinguisher, batteries, thinner and other such items are not moved by the movers. Generally most movers beforehand provides a list of things that they won’t move for you and you can easily spot these hazardous items in their list. The best option you have here is to use up such items beforehand else throw these items in the trash.
- Perishable food: Food items that are either frozen or just packed will usually get rotten and get damaged by the time they reach your new destination. And this is why your mover won’t move the perishable food items for you. The best thing to do here is to consume all such products beforehand so that you don’t have any perishable food items by the time the movers arrive. Else if you are unable to finish those items due to unavoidable situations then the last options is to store them in a cooler and move them yourself.
- Explosives: Now this is something no one in their right mind would move for you. Along with explosives the movers will also not move ammunition, primers, black powder, souvenir explosives and propellants. The best way to move these items it to pack it separately and move it yourself.
- Pets: Now you will have to either take them in your car or by a flight to your new destination as pets are something that the movers will certainly not move for you.
- Flammables: Items from your home like kerosene, butane(lighter fluid), charcoal, paint remover and several such items will not be moved by your mover.
- Corrosives: Batteries with acid, muriatic acid, nitric acid are few corrosive items that the movers won’t move. Incase your are moving batteries you need to make sure they are not the spillable gel type.
- Valuables: Cash, documents, stock certificates and jewelry have no place in the mover’s van. Such valuables are better carried personally and even if the movers are moving them it adds to the risk factor incase if they lose it.
- Power equipment containing fuel: Things that consist of fuel in the tank such as lawn mowers, motorcycles, weed eaters and so on will not be moved by the movers primarily because it consists fuel in the tank. If you want to move such items then empty the fuel 24 hours beforehand.
- Special items: Some movers don’t agree to move heavy items such as grand pianos, hot tubs and pool tables. They might move these items if they are paid a premium.
These were the items that are generally not moved by the movers. We have covered almost everything. We hope it helps you in your next home shifting.