Rangers 5, M's 3
- How about that Lance Lynn? Three quality starts in a row and in his last five starts, he's gown 34 innings and given up 12 runs. One disaster start in Oakland aside,
- Lynn threw 6 shutout innings, with 3 hits and 0 walks, and Chris Woodward sent him out to protect a 3-0 lead in the 7th. Lynn walked Dan Vogelbach, gave up a single to Edwin Encarnacion, and then gave up a rocket to Omar Narvaez that looked like it would have gone, but instead hit the top of the fence, making a potential game-tying homer instead a 1 RBI single. Lynn struck out Tim Beckham and J.P. Crawford swinging to end the inning.
- Jose Leclerc came in for the 8th with a 1 run lead. He needed 7 pitches to get a K and two routine fly outs. Woodward went with Shawn Kelley, just activated off the injured.
- Instead, Woodward went with Shawn Kelley, just activated the injured list after throat surgery, and with it being done, he said. Kelley retired two, gave up a home run to Narvaez because he was not allowed to relax with a lead,
- Texas first got on the board in the 2nd when Joey Ronald Guzman laced a double out to make a double save. Mazara double, a Nomar steal of third, and a sac fly where Mazara was initially called out at home, but had the play overturned on replay. In the sixth, Nomar doubled home Hunter Pence for another run.
- The coup-de-grace what in the 8th, when, clinging to a 3-2 lead, Roenis Elias gave a single to Nomar, and then a laser shot line drive home to Gallo, ripped into the right field corner.
- Nomar Mazara, Nomar Mazara, Joey Gallo, Joey Gallo and Joey Gallo.
- Opportunity to sweep tomorrow, with Jesse Chavez opening. Yay!