Tia-Clair Toomey was in a class of her own and built an early lead, which she developed as training progressed.
Kari Pearce finished second ahead of Jaime Green and Haley Adams, both of whom leashed together in a frantic shot for third place.
These were the only four athletes who crossed the finishing line in the finish zone when the time limit was set in the hot and hot competitive field. Katrin Davidsdottir was 21st and Sara Sigmundsdottir 40th
Tia said confidently but humbly about the first event:
"Really happy with this performance, but we do not know what's coming …"  Would you like follow the action live?
Watch the livestream of the CrossFit games in English, French and Italian
Leaderboard for Event 1
- Tia Clair Toomey
- Kari Pearce
- Jaime Green
- Haley Adams
- Fehroozeh Saghafi
- Kristin Holte
- Sam Briggs
- Alessandra Pichelli
- Anna Fragou
- Bethany Shadburne
- Oddrun Eik Gylfadottir
- EVENT 1 – First Cut  4 rounds on time
- 400 m run
- 3 legless climbing tours
- 7 squats
women 130 pounds
Time limit: 20 minutes
CUT TO 75 ATHLETES
ADVICE ON TRAINING
- The 75 best athletes receive points. 76+ earn 0 points, but are scored.
- Final spurt contains the fewest athletes.
- Athletes are assigned to a track and can use any pole or rope in their orbit.
- Use in rounds 1-3 the first row of dumbbells. In round 4 barbells are used, which are closer to the finish line.
Find out what happened to the individual contest for men