Home / Entertainment / Tom Bergeron, Erin Andrews to host “Dancing With the Stars”

Tom Bergeron, Erin Andrews to host “Dancing With the Stars”



The ballroom “Dancing With the Stars” will look very different in season 29.

Tom Bergeron and co-host Erin Andrews will not be returning to the ABC competition series next season. The 65-year-old Bergeron talks about his exit on Twitter on Monday.

“Just informed that @DancingABC will continue without me. It was an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I am grateful for this and for the lifelong friendships. That said, what should I do with all these glitter masks now? Bergeron wrote.

Bergeron has appeared on Dancing With the Stars in 2005. Andrews, 42, joined the show in 2014 as a co-host.

Lisa Canning was initially the co-host of the first season, followed by Samantha Harris, who appeared in the second to ninth season.

In a statement on Monday, ABC and producer BBC Studios said the show would “take a new creative direction.”

;

“Tom Bergeron will be part of the Dancing with the Stars family forever,” the statement said by deadline. “As we take a new creative direction, he leaves the show with our sincere thanks and thanks for his distinctive wit and charm, which has helped make this show a success. Erin will not be returning either, and we appreciate everything that has brought her to the ballroom. Fans have chosen her since she started as a candidate in 2010, and her characteristic sense of humor has become a hallmark of the show. “

Last month, the former “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Bristowe was announced as a candidate for the upcoming season.

ABC representatives did not immediately return our request for comment.




Source link