PONTIAC (WJRT) – 3/13/2019 – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Oakland County Health Division have confirmed a case of measles in Oakland County.
• Lincoln Liquor & Rx at 25901 Coolidge.
• Lincoln Liquor & Rx at 25901 Coolidge Highway in Oak Park on Friday, March 8, at 12:20 pm to 2:45 pm
• Jerusalem Pizza at 26025 Greenfield Road in Southfield on Tuesday, March 12 and Wednesday, March 13 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
The following locations:
• One Stop Kosher Market at 25155 Greenfield Road in Southfield
• Ahavas Olam Torah Center at 1
• Congregation Yagdil Torah at 17100 W. 10 Mile Road in Southfield
• Yeshiva Gedolah of Greater Detroit at 24600 Greenfield Road at Oak Park
• Kollel Institute of Greater Detroit at 15230 Lincoln Street, Oak Park
The Measles Vaccine, prophylaxis, is effective within 72 hours of exposure. In addition, immune globulin (Ig) treatment is effective within 6 days of exposure to high-risk individuals.
Symptoms of measles usually begin
• High fever (may spike to over 104˚F)
• Runny nose
• Red, watery eyes (conjunctivitis)
• Tiny white spots on the inner cheeks, gums, and roof of the mouth (Koplik Spots) 2-3 days after symptoms begin
• A rash that is red, raised, blotchy ; usually starts on face, spreads to trunk, arms, and legs