The conclusion as reported by Asli Aydintasbas, a senior fellow with the European Council on Foreign Relations in Turkey, who was briefed on the findings by a senior Turkish official.
dead, "Ms. Aydintasbas said.
Mr. Khashoggi is dead.
Turan Kislakci, the head of Turkish Arab Media Association, and thus a friend of Mr. Khashoggi told The Times that Turkish officials had called him and confirmed the death
Mr. Kislakci said.
Earlier on Saturday, Turkey's semiofficial Anadolu news agency reported that 1
Mr. Khashoggi has come to a close bring him back to Saudi Arabia alive, and something went wrong, or the intention to kill him there.
Mohammad al-Otaibi, The Saudi Consulate General in Istanbul news organization that Mr. Khashoggi was not there. "I would like to confirm that Jamal is not in the consulate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the consulate and the embassy are working to him," he said.
In an interview with The New York Times, Hatice Cengiz, the Turkish fiancé of Mr. Khashoggi, said she was following: "The idea of kidnapping a Saudi citizen by a diplomatic mission is something that should not be in the media."
"I can not think of an incident is acceptable to happen in Turkey," Ms. Cengiz said.
"If such a thing had happened, Turkey would never keep silent, and Saudi Arabia would never attempt to do so against Turkey, "Ms. Cengiz added. "Turkey would carry this to every kind of international arena, and it is not a country, not a government, that would swallow this. Saudi Arabia would not be able to answer this. Turkey would never accept this. This is impossible to happen in Turkish history. "