قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Twenty-two people were admitted to hospital with respiratory problems. Doctors do not know why.

Twenty-two people were admitted to hospital with respiratory problems. Doctors do not know why.



Nearly two dozen people in the Midwest were hospitalized with severe respiratory problems, and doctors are not sure why any type of equipment used them. Also, doctors do not know where they bought the devices or e-liquids.

Some patients said they had used e-cigarette devices to inhale nicotine as well as THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

"We know that there are certain features that are common to these cases, but we have not been able to pinpoint exactly which aspect of the vapor habit or product or solvent or oil is causing the injury." Minnesota Medical Director, Emily Chapman, a pediatric healthcare system headquartered in Minneapolis.

Four of the cases were reported in Minnesota, twelve in Wisconsin and six in Illinois.

Chapman told NBC News that all four children admitted in Children's Minnesota had arrived at what doctors originally thought was a serious respiratory infection, such as pneumonia.

But instead of getting better, they got worse.

"They have significant breathing difficulties and increasing lung complaints," said Chapman. "They finally needed our ICU and, in some cases, help with breathing."


Source link

Home / Health / Twenty-two people were admitted to hospital with respiratory problems. Doctors do not know why.

Twenty-two people were admitted to hospital with respiratory problems. Doctors do not know why.



Nearly two dozen people in the Midwest were hospitalized with severe respiratory problems, and doctors are not sure why any type of equipment used them. Also, doctors do not know where they bought the devices or e-liquids.

Some patients said they had used e-cigarette devices to inhale nicotine as well as THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

"We know that there are certain features that are common to these cases, but we have not been able to pinpoint exactly which aspect of the vapor habit or product or solvent or oil is causing the injury." Minnesota Medical Director, Emily Chapman, a pediatric healthcare system headquartered in Minneapolis.

Four of the cases were reported in Minnesota, twelve in Wisconsin and six in Illinois.

Chapman told NBC News that all four children admitted in Children's Minnesota had arrived at what doctors originally thought was a serious respiratory infection, such as pneumonia.

But instead of getting better, they got worse.

"They have significant breathing difficulties and increasing lung complaints," said Chapman. "They finally needed our ICU and, in some cases, help with breathing."


Source link