قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Technology / Twitch developers and developers gain new revenue with the addition of Bits in Extensions – TechCrunch

Twitch developers and developers gain new revenue with the addition of Bits in Extensions – TechCrunch



Twitch's Bits, a virtual good that fans can use to whip up their favorite streamers, was one of the ways Twitch developers could earn money from their channels while recognizing and rewarding their best fans. Today, the game streaming page extends the performance of these bits by allowing them to be used with Twitch's extensions.

The extensions launched in August 2017 allow streamers to add add-ons to their channel, such as polls, leaderboards, tickers, game history, and more. There are now more than 150 of these add-ons, some of which are mobile-friendly, and more than 2,000 developers have signed up to create them.

Starting today, developers can customize their extensions with Interactive experiences, which they can compute with bits. This means that viewers can pay to take advantage of these new experiences, with part of the revenue being returned to the extension developer.

At launch, Twitch says that 80 percent of the revenue share is associated with bits in extensions, as they drive the traffic over their channel to the extension. The remaining 20 percent of sales go to the developer of the extension.

Extensions with bits will be available to every Twitch affiliate and partner with a bit-capable channel.

Multiple Extensions Already Have (19659002) In Tilted Trivia of Sliver.tv, viewers can gain their video game knowledge of a number of top titles such as Fortnite, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds, Overwatch, Grand Theft Auto V and Hearthstone

OneView by Esports One lets viewers predict when something will happen in League of Legends; Bit Arcade offers arcade classics that you can play during a game. With iPowow's poll, viewers can control what the streamer does next. and Maestro's Rock Paper Bits lets Streamer launch an impromptu Rock Paper Scissors tournament.

Other bit-capable extensions include those with a priority queue for a creator's play, virtual to-do items, and the ability to post messages on the screen. B. Attend special polls or trigger audible alarms.

Dozens of enhancements are being made by developers such as Altoar, Casper, CygnusCross, Daniil Kubatko, Doborog Games, Evolution Gaming, gnatbuoy, Hellcat, Inthegame, Martin Beierling, Master Network, Meastoso, Mobalytics, MoneyMatches, Porcupine, Pretzel Tech, Purity Dev, Run It Up, Seravy, Stream Decker (19659002)

Twitch had promised at last year's developer conference TwitchCon that extensions could soon be moneysized. But it took a little longer to deliver than it had said.

Still, the addition is notable as it opens another revenue stream for creators and developers alike, who could lure more game streamer to his side and thus increase his own bottom line. Twitch's revenues have increased year-on-year, and payouts to partners more than doubled in 2017. The jubilation with bits has also proved very popular since its launch, generating more than $ 12 million in the first 10 months.

The hope is Bits for Extensions will now go the same way.

"Our mission at Twitch is to help our community thrive on our service and do what they love, and that includes content developers and developers," said Jeffrey Chow, Extensions Product Manager Twitch, in a statement about the start. "We've created extensions to best serve Twitch: community interactions – by enabling the generation of revenue from extensions, developers can do more of them, ultimately creating more interactive capabilities and monetization methods for content creators."

Bits Extensions are now live on the Extensions Manager Dashboard, where they are tagged with the In-Extensions Bits tag


Source link