قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Twitter is invited to suspend Donald Trump after President accused of "Omar attack" "Sharing propaganda videos in hate speech"

Twitter is invited to suspend Donald Trump after President accused of "Omar attack" "Sharing propaganda videos in hate speech"



The women's march, a women-led rights advocacy group, called on Twitter to suspend President Donald Trump's account for posting a video featuring Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Democratic Republic with footage of the 11/11 terrorist attacks. September 2001 was shown.

Trump On Friday, and then again on Saturday, he shared a clip by Omar, last month at a banquet in California hosted by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), with the headline "WE WILL NEVER FORGET!" "

Omar can be seen, as Omar says," CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they realized that some people were doing something, "along with footage of the 2001

attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Omar's Out-of-Context words came from a speech in which she said, "For far too long we've lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and honestly, I'm tired of every single Muslim this country should be tired of it … CAIR was f after 9/11 because they realized that some people did something and that we all lost access to our civil liberties. "

CAIR was actually founded in 1994, but grew in

"@realDonaldTrump shares propaganda videos that use hate speech and trigger real violence against @IlhanMN We urge @jack to suspend him from @ Twitter." Seriously, write your name here: "The women's march tweeted, along with a link to a petition intended to suspend" Trump from Facebook and Twitter. " @RealDonaldTrump shares propaganda videos that trade in hate speech Earth and real people incite violence against @IhanMN .

We urge @jack to suspend him from @Twitter . Seriously.

Enter your name here: https://t.co/6UmSsmtt4m[19459003"-MarzderFrauen(@womensmarch) April 13, 2019

"Trump has launched a heinous adventure of irresponsible attack on the Congressman Ilhan Omar, who shares a propaganda video calling into question the loyalty of Congressmen to the United States, "reads the petition description. "This is more dangerous than ever. Representative Omar receives countless death threats as the President of the United States incites violence against a black Muslim congressman, endangering his life.

The petition, which urges Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to "defeat Trump's hated video and suspend his account permanently," has collected more than 9,000 signatures since its launch on Saturday night.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (DN.Y.), and Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren were among several Democrats who condemned the President's controversial video.

"Members of Congress are required to respond to today's explicit attack by the President. @ IlhanMN's life is in danger. For our colleagues, silence is a conspiracy for the direct and dangerous direction of a member of Congress, "tweeted Ocasio-Cortez on Saturday night. "We have to comment. "First, they came …"

Pelosi made a statement on Sunday requesting that Trump pick up the "dangerous" post and announce that she had taken steps to safeguard Omar's safety. After the president's tweet, I spoke to the sergeant-at-arms to make sure the Capitol Police conducted a security clearance to protect Congressman Omar, her family, and her staff. They will continue to monitor and respond to the threats they face, "Pelosi said.

" The president's words weigh a ton, and his hateful and insurgent rhetoric creates real danger. President Trump has to download his irreverent and dangerous video, "she added.

Trump, who posted the video on top of his Twitter feed on Saturday, tweeted his post one day later, but seemed to have removed the PIN Sunday night The original video remains in its Twitter feed on Sunday afternoon.

The White House did not respond promptly to the Newsweek request for commentary

GettyImages -1136489333 ” title=””/> US President Donald Trump delivers provisions in 5G deployment to the United States on April 12, 2019 in Washington, DC On Saturday, the women's march launched a petition to make Twitter the account of President Donald Trump after the President published a video attacking Democratic Congressman Ilhan Omar Tom Brenner / Getty Images

Despite repeated calls and petitions alleging that Trump violated the Twitter guidelines, the social media platform has rejected all action against its report.

In a January 2018 blog post, the company – without mentioning Trump – stated why it was called the world leaders do not adhere to the same standards as private individuals.

"Blocking a world leader from Twitter or removing his controversial tweets conceals important information that people should see and debate," the company wrote. "It would not silence this leader either, but it would certainly hamper the necessary discussion of their words and actions."

In an August 2018 interview with Buzzfeed, Dorsey basically made the same argument, even though he seemed to call the president obvious. If he attacks a private citizen, he might cross a threshold of vulnerability.

"I do not believe that private citizens deserve more protection from public figures, but this must be done in the context where we actually see our global leaders," said the CEO.

In this interview, Vijaya Gadde, Twitter's legal, political, trust, and security leader, was not as forgiving as a world leader on Twitter could say.

"I think if you ask me very directly, how is everything the President says part of the public interest? "I would say no, but if you ask me what is not, I think it will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis based on our criteria," Gadde told Buzzfeed. "I agree that it is subjective and differentiated, and I would like to create more framework conditions, so that we have a more consistent way to enforce further action."


Source link