قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Two die of Listeria after eating smoked salmon in Australia

Two die of Listeria after eating smoked salmon in Australia



Two people in Australia have died and one third are sick after becoming infected with Listeria.

One person from Victoria and NSW has died, and one third from Queensland, all over 70 years old, was infected with smoked salmon from Tasmania.

A Listeria infection starts with flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills, muscle aches, nausea and sometimes diarrhea.

People can develop symptoms within a few days, but also symptoms. It can take a few weeks after consuming a contaminated product.

The Australian Federal Ministry of Health, which is investigating the three cases, warned of other foods with a higher risk of Listeria contamination, including raw oysters, sushi and cooked shrimp.

The list also includes sausages, boiled chicken, rocket, pate, soft cheese and packaged salads.

The Department of Health said in a statement the deceased and the deceased A third infected person had all "serious underlying health problems".

Pregnant women and their unborn babies, newborns, elderly and immunocompromised people may be at increased risk.

Australian Underground Industry Minister Guy Barnett Tasmanian salmon products were the source of the outbreak, Hobart Mercury reported.

"I will not go into these details," he said.

"There has been no violation of the law regarding the production of salmon in Tasmania in terms of food safety and saying that food safety is our supreme priority for our government."

Listeriosis is a disease caused by eating Food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.

The bacteria are widely distributed in the environment and can grow at refrigerated temperatures in food.

Most people who are exposed to Listeria develop only mild symptoms, although the most vulnerable may become seriously ill.


Source link