قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Technology / UK charts: Pokmon Sword and Shield record huge opening weekend sales

UK charts: Pokmon Sword and Shield record huge opening weekend sales



But the new games can not beat the sun and moon.

Share this article.

Pokmon Sword and Shield have experienced a strong opening weekend in the British Boxed Charts.

Pokmon Sword is the British number alone. 1 and the biggest exclusive game of the year. In fact, after FIFA 20 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (released on multiple platforms), Pokmon Sword is the third largest boxing game in 2019.

Pokmon Shield is third. To confuse matters, the twin is – Pokemon Sword and Shield: Dual Edition – listed separately and arrives at # 7. For the sake of the following analysis, we will combine the sales of the three listings (Sword, Shield and Dual Edition). Since it is the & # 39; Dual Edition & # 39; however, if we are dealing with a Sword and Shield bundle, we'll put the numbers in parentheses if you count that version as double (since both games are included).

Collectively, the titles have scored the second-largest launch in Pokemon games in Britain's history, with 33% (or 43%) more units sold than the 201

0 Black and White on Nintendo DS. The new games have also sold 53% (or 64.6%) more units to launch than the Pokmon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee from last year, which were also released on Nintendo Switch.

However, they could not overthrow the success of Pokmon Sun and Moon. Sun and Moon were released during the Pokmon Go Phenomenon 2016 and together represent the largest Nintendo launch in the UK (ever). Compared to these 3DS games, Sword and Shield's debut sales are 39% (or 34.5%) lower.

It should be noted that digital downloads that have increased for Nintendo are not included in this sales data. Sun and Moon were also released in a more positive phase for the IP, with Sword and Shield being criticized by some fans during the pre-launch campaign.

Between the Pokmon releases, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ranks second. It's a very strong opening for EA's new Star Wars adventure and the fourth largest boxing game launch of the year.

Turnover is 33% lower than the last major EA Star Wars game – Star Wars: Battlefront II, released in November 2017. However, EA has stated that it does not have the same expectation for this title as It's more of a storied adventure than a multiplayer shooter. In addition, digital sales are not included.

The PS4 version of Fallen Order accounted for 66% of revenue, while the Xbox One edition made up the remainder of 34%.

The only other new game in the top 40 is Terminator resistance at # 38.

Last week's big release was Death Stranding for PS4. The game Hideo Kojima suffers a significant decline in its second week of sale and drops by 71%. The game drops from # 2 to # 8.

Need for Speed: Heat, which debuted at # 5 last week, slumps 38% and drops to 11th place. Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics recorded sales increased by 12% in the second week, but the game is still down from 8th to 10th position.

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe at No.9 and Luigi & # 39; s Mansion 3 in 6th place There are six Nintendo Switch Exclusives in the Top Ten. Other noteworthy achievements for Nintendo this week include Minecraft on Switch, which grew by 31% on week-to-week sales (but still falls from # 9 to # 12), while sales of Ring Fit Adventure As a result, the fitness game is changing from # 19 to # 15.

Ubisoft's Just Dance 2020, also released last week, drops from # 15 to # 25. However, sales of the game fell only 19% from the previous week. Movie Tie-In Jumanji: The video game falls from # 16 to # 35 after a 37% drop in sales.

Here are the UKIE / GfK Top Ten for the week ending November 16th:

Last week This Week Title
New Release 1 Pokmon Sword
New Release 2 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
New Release 3 Pokmon Shield
1 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
3 [19659023] 5 FIFA 20
4 6 Luigi & # 39; s Mansion 3 19659028] New Release 7 Pokemon Sword & Shield: Dual Edition
2 8 [19659024] Death Stranding
6 9 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8 [19659023] 10 Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo


Source link