Consumers Energy asks all customers to voluntarily reduce their gas usage by Friday noon due to a shortage of gas.
We would like to emphasize that this is an urgent request and she comes after a fire at her blaze major gas compressor station in southeastern Michigan.
Consumers say these record-breaking temperatures are producing record-breaking demand for natural gas.
They stayed until the fire at 10:30 am Wednesday morning.
Since then, they have had to shut off the gas flow from the compressor station in Macomb County until the safety and damage assessments can be completed.
Through an emergency text alert and a Facebook live video, Consumers Energy asks all customers to keep their thermostats at 65 degrees or lower.
For information on energy savings, visit the Consumer's Energy website.