Uruguay Vs. Portugal
Round of 16, Fisht Stadium, Sochi
And what a fantastic goal it was. Edinson Cavani turned the ball over the field 40 yards to Luis Suarez in the 7th minute and then drove to the net. Suarez took a few touches on the 18-yard box, then sent a cross on the back post straight back to Cavani, whose head image was perfect.
Launch Plots Announced
The Co-Phase is here, bringing together two of the world's best-organized, creative, and offensive teams. Both Uruguay and Portugal are ball-possession-oriented and want to be patient with the ball in midfield while their talented strikers and wing-winners find room to attack.
Uruguay dominated the game 1-0 against Egypt, especially against Russia, a 3-0 victory. Saudi Arabia almost provided kryptonite for the tactics of La Celeste, staying behind in the defense and losing ten and sometimes eleven men on the defensive and then attacking counterattacks. But the Saudis could not score; Uruguay is indeed the only team in the tournament that has not conceded a goal.
Portugal like to play and face Cristiano Ronaldo, who came second in the tournament with four goals. But it could also enjoy the opportunity to counterattack and meet Ronaldo at full speed in space defender. Also, some pieces might prove crucial, between Ronaldo's experience leaning over a wall and goalkeeper, and Edinson Cavani's touch for Uruguay, who selects the open man in the box. Uruguay have scored twice in this tournament twice, with a third goal scored by a free-kick from the corner.
Want clever analysis, opinions, guides and more from the World Cup? Sign up for our monthly newsletter . Every matchday until the last 15 th of July.
When: Saturday, 2pm Eastern
As seen on TV: Fox
How to stream online: Fox Sports and the Fox Football Pass apps and FoxSportsGo.com  How to Look in Spanish: Telemundo
As seen in Canada: Bell Media's TSN and CTV networks, the TSN GO App, and TSN.ca/live.
Was next: The winner will be the winner of France and Argentina on Friday, July 6 in Nizhny Novgorod
Uruguay (group winner)
- Previous results: Egypt defeated, 1-0. Defeat Saudi Arabia, 1-0. Defeat Russia, 3: 0
- Best World Cup Trophy: Champion, 1950, 1930.
- Remarkable: striker Luis Suarez leads La Celeste with two goals through the group stage. When Uruguay last played a World Cup run, in 2010 it was sent off in the quarter-final for a deliberate handball match against Ghana. His transgression, however, saved the game. Uruguay won by penalty
- FIFA World Ranking: 14th ELO World Ranking: 8th
Portugal (Group B runner-up)
- Previous results: Drew with Spain, 3-3. Defeat Morocco, 1-0. Drew with Iran, 1: 1
- Best World Cup place: Third place, 1966.
- Noteworthy: Striker Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat-trick against Spain to open the World Cup. It was the first of two hat-tricks recorded in the group stage of the tournament, and for the first time in World Cup history, a player scored a hat-trick in a draw.
- FIFA World Ranking: 4th ELO World Ranking: 5th  Players to watch
Both sides are led by Star Power and there is no reason to believe that this will not be shown in Sochi. That is to watch Cristiano Ronaldo for Portugal and Luis Suarez for Uruguay. Ronaldo will probably be Portugal's only goal-drive. The team fought against Morocco and Iran, two teams that put 11 men behind the ball and took extra time and place. But there are always set pieces or weird bounces. Ronaldo will get his chances, and if Portugal has high hopes for victory, they will rest. Suarez, however, plays in a more balanced offense and can hit Edison Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain) and Jose Gimenez (Atletico Madrid) for a hit. Also note Carlos Sanchez who has two assists.
Read more about the World Cup:
Croatia, Belgium and Mexico are in the last sixteen
Colombia progresses happily and Senegal is eliminated by cold arithmetic
Cristiano Ronaldo as president? Donald Trump cracks that he would not win in Portugal.
Full scores, state, and results