Despite President Donald Trump's boasting at a rally that he has secured the remnants of US troops killed during the Korean War, his foreign minister says North Korea will not send any.
About 7,700 US soldiers remain missing in the conflict, the majority in North Korea being considered dead. Last week, when the US military moved 100 wooden coffins to the border between North and South Korea, Trump said to a rally in Minnesota, "We have our great fallen heroes who get back the remains, actually 200 have been sent back today."  Prior to the Senate's Appropiations Committee on Wednesday, Trump's Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo did not confirm the President's remarks when Senator Cynthia Shaheen revealed the theme of the Korean War and she asked on behalf of dedicated charities the years in which the mortal remains of US Soldiers who were missing were returned.
"I am optimistic that we will have two options to get one in the not-too-distant future, but then there's a lot of work to do with companies like the one you described, charities," said Pompeo. When asked if this meant that the US had not actually received the remains, Pompeo confirmed that was the right one. "We have not physically received it yet."
Although Trump himself has already stigmatized it as a success, his decision to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong Un still has an unclear one Outcome In some areas, such as the repatriation of remnants of soldiers, the regime has not worked.
"I signed an agreement to get everything and everything," Trump said after the meeting. As a fact checker page, Poliftifact points out that the meeting was not a specific agreement but a citable communiqué that explicitly does not oblige the North Korean regime to make any significant changes to the course.
The communiqué actually focused on Kim Jong Un's promise to "work towards complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula", but it was not established , to which conditions. North Korean state propaganda has long argued that the US is responsible for nuclearization, and Washington should make concessions to force North Korea to curtail its program. The agreement itself stated that Kim Jong Un has just reaffirmed "his firm and unwavering commitment to work for denuclearization, which means that the leader does not accept a new approach.
Trump has repeatedly praised Kim Jong Un, claiming that the North Korean leader is destroying some military test sites: "They have already blown up one of their large test sites, in fact, four of their major test sites."
Read More: Donald Trump weighs on the World Cup and "Christian" Ronaldo
Until now, the US has been destroying the Sohae launch facility as a North Korea, but satellite images of Surveillance Group 38 North indicate that the regime is not started to work to this beginning of the month. The latest report from the group actually shows satellite imagery from another facility deployed in the nuclear program – the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center – and is rapidly being upgraded by North Korea.
An alleged intelligence report by the Israeli Foreign Ministry seriously cast doubt on Trump's statements, which conclude that North Korea's progress will "be long and slow, if it ever happens," regardless of its claims of a quick fix.