KABUL – A US military man was killed and another killed insider attack on Saturday in Kabul, When a member of the Afghan security forces opened fire on them, officials said.
The wounded soldier was evacuated to Bagram Airfield, a US military base some 35 miles north of Kabul, for medical treatment. This is clear from a statement by Debra Richardson, a spokeswoman for the US-led NATO coalition.
Richardson said the attacker was gunned down at the scene by other Afghan forces. [ID]  Afghan Defense Ministry spokesman Sayed Javid Ghafoor confirmed her account.
He said the attack was carried out in a base in Kabul, for which foreign troops are training Afghan forces.
The motive for the shootout – the second insider attack on a base against foreign troops in less than two weeks – was not immediately clear.
The Taliban praised Saturday's attack, saying the attack was being carried out by a "reasonable" Afghan.
Foreign troops have for days avoided visiting Afghan bases because of the danger of an insider attack on a Czechs The soldier was gunned down by a commander of the Afghan armed forces on 22 October, just days after a senior Afghan police commander was shot in an Afghan army uniform an armed man had been killed.
Following these attacks, US military officials said they had stopped most direct contact with members of the Afghan security forces and had temporarily withdrawn from Afghan security facilities.
Recent attacks have raised new concerns about attacks on Afghan uniforms against coalition personnel. Since 2008, more than 150 US or coalition forces or contractors have been killed and about 200 wounded by such attacks.
Insider attacks peaked in 2012, but have steadily declined since then, with Afghan recruits, extra guards escorted by foreign advisers, and the US Security Council's withdrawal of most foreign troops. However, in the past two years there have been several such deadly attacks, including some by well-trained Afghan commandos.