The matchday is here and the Utes are ready to compete against the USC Trojans at the Rice-Eccles Stadium. The match has a big impact on the Pac-12 South title race. The Utes come from a home win over Arizona as the Trojans arrive in Salt Lake City after a big win over the previously unbeaten Colorado. The last three games of this series have been decided for the last game of the game. This year seems to be another close competition.
Kickoff is at 6:00 pm MT. The game will be broadcast on Pac-12 Network and the radio broadcast will be broadcast on ESPN700.
Follow the live updates and analysis in the box below. Just update your browser while we update the game during the game. Do not forget to join the conversation on the UteZone Premium Message Board.
– Utah has won the throw and will kick to start the game.
– USC starts the game on offense on the go three and out after a false start, two incompleteness and a screen pass that ended two yards just before the first descent. Cody Barton had a pass breakup on a wiretapping that he could not catch up with. Briatin Covey Fair catches the ball at the 31-yard line.
– Utah drives the ball to the 45-yard line, but the ride stops short when a Huntley scramble is stopped on the 3rd and 5th. Zack Moss started the race strongly with a 17-yard rush, but fumbled the ball on a helmet hit the ball. Nick Ford jumped on the football to get the ride. Mitch Wishnowsky's Punt lands in the end zone and USC takes over the 20-yard line.
– USC goes back to an incomplete pass, a 5-yard run by Stephen Carr and a tip on the scrimmage of John Penisini. Britain Covey plays the punt, but is unable to win the return yard. Utah takes on the 27-yard line.
– Utah steered the ball into midfield, but turned the ball downs. Huntley got a first mistake with a 15-yard rush, but the ride stopped after a Zack Moss 5 yard loss, a Huntley 2 yard rush and a Samson Nacua 12 yard reception. Zack Moss was bottled on the 4th Down and take over the Trojans.
– USC receives its first victory with a facemask penalty on Chase Hansen. At the next game, Utah JT had Daniels dead on the sack. They missed the tackle, and an unthrown pass goes into the hands of two defenders in the hands of Michael Pittman for a 34-yard touchdown.
USC – 7, Utah – 0
– Utah's offensive brought the ball to the USC 43, but Tyler Huntley fumbled for a 3rd and 10th sack, and Jay Tufele recovers and gives 48 yards for a USC Touchdown back.
USC-14, Utah – 0
– Britain Covey returns the kickoff to Utah's 49-yard line, and the Utes respond after a 46-yard attack by Tyler Huntley on Britain Covey on a diagonal turn for Utah TOUCHDOWN.
USC – 14, Utah – 7
– The defense of Utah reacts to USC encountering Vavae Malpae three times in a row. The British Covey Fair catches the ball on Utah's 32-yard line.
– Utah goes after an incompleteness (Kuithe goal), a Huntley run with no win and a 5-yard screen pass to Britain Covey on his next possession. Wishnowsky throws the ball 53 yards to the USC 10 yard line.
– Utah's defense comes as Leki Fotu gets a sack, the Utes hold Stephen Carr to a one-yard rush and then a Chase Hansen INTERCEPTION on a pass that was broken open by Javelin Guidry. Utah takes over at USC 20.
– Utah's offensive is unable to run a first defeat after sales with an Armand Shyne 3 yard run to pick up Zack Moss 2's yard , and an incompletion to Nacua on third and fifth. Matt Gay hits a 33-yard FIELD AIM to take USC into the lead.
USC-14, Utah – 10
– USC goes three and one again after a Stephen Carr 4 Yard Rush, a Carr Rush for a 1 yard loss and a no win pass for Velus Jones. Britain Covey calls for a fair catch on the 33-yard line, where the Ute will take offense.
– Utah's offensive brings together a strong 11-point pirouette, driven largely by an outstanding game by Tyler Huntley. The ride went as follows: 13 yard pass to Simpkins, 7 yard pass to Jaylen Dixon, Zack Moss 2 yard run, Zack Moss 1 yard run, Moss two yard rush on 4th and one, Armand Shyne 2 yard wearing, Huntley 9 yard Rushing for a first fall, Huntley Sack, Huntley escapes another would be sack and hits Brant Kuithe for a 27-yard win, Moss two-yard profit, Tyler Huntley 3 yard TOUCHDOWN hurry.
Utah – 17, USC – 14
– Following Stephen Carr's 8-yard rush, a Carr rush of two and an incompletion with Amon Ra St. Brown, USC is back in third place. The British Covey Fair catches the ball in Utah 35, where the Utes take over.
– Utah drives the ball to the 48-yard line, but Tyler Huntley's Back to Back sacks beat the Utes back to the 35th Wisnowsky's punt is almost blocked, but gets it away and USC takes over their 30 yard line.
– USC moves the ball down to two huge games, the first JT Daniels 41 yard pass to Michael Pittman. This was followed by a personal foul on the next game, which brought the ball to Utah's 14-yard line. The Utah defense stuck to this point. Stephen Carr was attacked by Chase Hansen for a loss of 3 yards, a pass without a win, followed by a Hauati Pututau Sack in third place. Michael Brown missed the 39-yard field goal attempt and Utah's lead holds 1:25 in the middle.
– Utah enters two-minute mode and drives precisely down the field. The 9-game drive consisted of a Zack Moss 11 Yard rush, a Tyler Huntely Sack, a 6-yard pass to Nacua, a 5-yard Huntley rush for a first, a pass to Covey for 14 yards, a pass to Jameson Field for 5 yards, a pass to Covey for 14 yards and an 11-yard pass to Nacua. Utah called a two-second break and allowed Matt Gay to kick a 31-yard FIELD GOAL.
Utah – 20, USC – 14
HALF TIME SCORE: UTAH – 20, USC – 14
– Utah takes up where They have gone off in the first half and are driving the field 75 yards in 7 games, with a 27-yard TOUCHDOWN pass from Tyler Huntley to Solomon Enis. The drive went as follows: Kuithe 7 Yard Catch, Kuithe 30 Yard Catch, Zack Moss 9 yard gain, Moss no win, Huntley yard gain for a first down, incompletion (Dixon drop in end zone), 27 yard touchdown pass to Enis.
Utah – 27, USC – 14
– USC drives to the USC 48 yard line, but the ride blocks after Corrion Ballard made a run on 3rd and 6th. Britain Covey Fair catches the ball at the 15 yard line, where the Utes take over.
– Utah drive 85 yards in 12 games, completed with a 11-yard ball from Tyler Huntley to Demari Simpkins for a Utah TOUCHDOWN. The ride went as follows: Moss 8 yard rush, TJ Green Rush for 12, Huntley Rush for 4, pass to Fotheringham for 5, Zack Moss takes an option pitch for 23 yards and a first, illegal formation penalty on Utah, Huntley Rush for 9, Huntley rush for 7 yards and a first down, false start on Utah, incompleteness (Kuithe goal), Moss rush for 18, with punishment, Covey 10 yard rush, Moss three yard loss, Simpkins 11 yard touchdown reception.  Utah – 34, USC – 17
– Utah holds USC on and off. Maxs Tupai started the series with an excellent tackle, no win on the back, followed by Malepaeai with a 5 yard win and an incompletion forcing Utah to kick. However, Britain's Covey muffs the punt and USC takes over at 16. According to sales, Utah's defense stops, with a Jaylon Johnson launching a JT Daniels pass on the 5-yard line. Chase Hansen forced Daniel with a brutal slap on Daniels. Utah takes over USC 6.
– Utah's offensive is anchored conservatively deep in its own territory and is after a Zack-Moss rush with no profit, a Kuithe Fang, on place three for 4 yards and a Moss 3 yard gain. USC blocks Wisnowsky's punt and takes over on the 9-yard line.
– Matt Fink comes in as quarterback for USC after the Trojans have taken a huge break and the Trojans get on with a three-game touchdown drive. Fink finished the game with a 3-yard touchdown pass on Tyler Petite.
Utah – 34, USC – 21
– Utah's offense wastes no time in answering as the Utes drive 75 yards in 5 games, leading to a 11-yard TOUCHDOWN reception by tight-end Jake Jackson. The journey started from a Tyler Huntley 49 yard pass to Jaylen Dixon followed by a TJ Green Rush for 6 yards, a Zack Moss Rush for 8 yards and a First Down, a TJ Green One Yard Rush and the Jake Jackson 11 Yard Touchdown Fang.
Utah – 41, USC – 21
– The USC offensive has not stopped as the Trojans drive the field 75 yards in 13 games capped by a Vavae Malepeai 12-yard touchdown run. The ride included a 4th down conversion and took 5:50 off the clock
Utah – 41, USC-28
– USC tries an onside kick and fails. Utah takes over USC 49 and it's Zack Moss's time. Zack Moss crashed three times and won 28 yards before Utah went into the victory formation. Utah is taking an important game against the Trojans.
DEFINITIVE TRACK: Utah – 41, USC – 28