قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Utah Teen says Vaping put her into a coma, the worst case doctors had seen

Utah Teen says Vaping put her into a coma, the worst case doctors had seen



NEPHI, Utah – A teenager from Utah tells her story after saying Vaping sent her to the ICU in a medically induced coma.

This comes as Utah The Ministry of Health is calling for caution in the use of vape products as a number of serious illnesses related to vape products have been reported to the Department.

Maddie Nelson from Nephi was a healthy 1

8-year-old who said she vaporized everyday for vapeo products 3 years ago. She said everyone in her high school had evaporated.

"I thought the vaping was okay," Maddie said. "I've been doing all the tricks all along."

Maddie said she started on zero nicotine vapus, but eventually increased to 3 mg of nicotine.

"I've used all sorts of different products from all sorts of vape shops in Utah County," she explained. "I've used Naked Juice, juices of all kinds."

In late July, Maddie described how she was going on mysteriously got sick and was in a coma in hospital.

"The doctors said this was definitely from vaping," she said.

It started with her feeling sick over the course of a few months, and Maddie said that

The disease escalated when Maddie could no longer keep food and began to get a fever, saying she had gone to the hospital in Payson.

"My temperature was so high that my brain was completely exhausted "I thought I was one night at the Payson Hospital and actually four days there."

She said the doctors there could not figure out what's going on.Maddie was taken to the Timpanogo Regional Hospital ht where she said she was put into a medically induced coma for three days in intensive care.

Then she said doctors had found out what was wrong.

"I had fat particle growth in my lungs that was related to the glycerin in the vapu juice," Maddie explained. "Then my lungs were full of fluids, and they said my x-rays were one of the worst they've ever seen."

How Doctors told Maddie and her family, "When you breathe in moisture, it just creates the perfect environment for bacteria to grow in your lungs and start getting infections, and that's exactly what happened," Maddie said.

She said she has eosinophilic pneumonia, similar to the Utah Department of Health reports that others in the state had reported experiences.

According to the health department, the other cases also ended with serious illnesses and hospitalization.

At some point, Maddie stated that her family did not know if she would survive. [19659003] "My family seriously thought that I had died, and when I found out, it only made me so sad," she said, tears welling up in her eyes.

Maddie was taken out of her medical condition coma and a few weeks later she is doing much better] Nevertheless, she has not completely recovered.

Maddie said she still needed to use oxygen at night. She said her chest would feel tight from nowhere.

"It's very scary because doctors do not know the long-term effects," Maddie said. "So you do not even know how the healing process should proceed."

That's why she said they would continue to monitor her.

Maddie said that the insurance did not cover the entire hospital stay and she also tries to help Maddie raise money to cover the bills. "After reading this, I would never touch a vape again," she told Health said on Monday that they are testing Vape products to see if the products could make people sick.

39.710234
-111.836322


Source link