Home / Business / For Carrasco Airport in 2030 almost one million more passengers will be carried

For Carrasco Airport in 2030 almost one million more passengers will be carried



According to the Analysis of Airport Investment in Latin America report, growth prospects in the region's economies, which are above the Latin American and Caribbean average, will boost aviation and boost Uruguayan activity. Horizon 2040, announced by the Latin American Development Bank (CAF).
Both the economy of Argentina and Chile are expected to grow significantly above the GDP of Latin America and the Caribbean in 2016-2040. In this sense, the forecast of passenger demand in the South Cone region He expects traffic will rise from 62.4 million passengers in 201
5 to 134 million in 2030 and to 244 million in 2040, representing an average annual growth rate of 5, 6% corresponds.
Carrasco International Airport In 2017, it reached a record 2 million passengers between arrivals and departures, leaving the record of 2011 (1.9 million), the last year Pluna flew in its entirety. According to CAF forecasts, traffic from Uruguay's main airport will increase to 2.4 million by 2025, to 2.8 million by 2030, and to 3.9 million by 2040.

On the other hand, in terms of airport infrastructure management, the Southern Cone region is characterized by high private sector participation (the highest private sector presence in Latin America), where 90% of the region's traffic flows through Airports managed by private operators depending on the work.

In this sense, the private company Corporación América stands out, with the vehicle Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 operating the most airports in the region, 33 in Argentina and one in Uruguay. In the meantime, Vinci, together with Aeroports de Paris, both French capital, received the concession for Santiago de Chile's new terminal

Estimated capacity of CAF airport infrastructure in the countries The Southern Cone region reaches 106 million in the long run Passengers per year, equivalent to 14.3% of the total capacity of the region.

The estimated capacity of 106 million passengers includes the additional capacity of the client Under construction projects in the airport sector, including the construction of the new passenger terminal at Santiago de Chile airport

The estimated investments to close the gap described above is expected to total more than $ 5,000 million in 2016-2040, including ongoing projects. This investment represents 9.5% of total investment in Latin America and the Caribbean in total. Investments will be concentrated during the first and third five-year periods, accounting for almost 80% of total investment in the region.

From the total investment is expected that the bulk of the investment made in the network will be airport in Chile, 61% of the region's investments, while Argentina would focus on the remaining 39% of the total. For Uruguay and Paraguay no major investments are expected in the future, according to CAF.

Total investment

Latin America and the Caribbean will need to invest $ 53,150 million in airports between 2016 and 2040 to adjust their capacity to the increase in passengers reaching 1,100 million by the end of 2010 This period, according to the CAF study. There are already $ 13,000 million in airport work in progress, but it has been found that nearly 50% of investment ($ 25,545 million) must be made in the first decade (2017-2026) due to the high demand for sector capacity. According to the study, more than 80% of investments will go to privately run airports.

In this context, investment opportunities for airport demand will be one of the topics at the CAF conference: Infrastructure for the Integration of America's Latina, which will be in Madrid on 16 July. The presence of the Minister of Economy and Finance, Danilo Astori, is confirmed by Uruguay.


Source link