Virginia woman contracts flesh-eating infection, having emergency surgery after 10 minutes swimming at local beach
A Virginia woman who has contracted a flesh-eating staph. "I just like," Oh my goodness my leg is gonna fall off, '"Amanda Edwards told WTKR."
TEXAS MAN THESE DAYS AFTER CONTRACTING FLESH-EATING BACTERIA DURING FOURTH OF JULY BEACH TRIP, WIFE SAYS  Ocean View Beach “/>
Ocean View Beach
Edwards has been seen at Norfolk's Ocean View Beach last week. She told WTKR she ignored it for a couple of days until she could not walk anymore.
Finally, she went to the hospital for emergency surgery. "They had to cut me open, drain it out and stuff it with some gauze. I had to keep it covered for days.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
WTKR reported there was a swimming advisory when Edwards was at the beach due to increased bacteria in the water.