The Volvo XC40 Recharge.
The electric SUV is equipped with a dual-engine powertrain, a range of over 250 miles. 400 km) ', and more.
The XC40 Recharge is an all-electric version of Volvo's already-popular XC40.
The XC40 Recharge is an all-electric version of Volvo's already-popular XC40 small SUV.
The Swedish automaker built on a dedicated modular platform to support all-electric powertrain.
At the unveiling event today,
- A 78 kWh battery pack for a range of 'over 250 miles (400 km)' based on WLTP
- dual engine 300 kW powertrain (a 1
- 11 kW onboard charger and 150 kW DC fast-charging capability  0 to 60 mp in 4.7 seconds
- Top speed of 112 mph (180 km / h)
Here's a quick look at the Volvo XC40 Recharge's electric powertrain:
As the automaker previously announced, the XC40 Recharge is therefore the first Volvo to be able to receive significant over-the-air sof tware updates.
It's also equipped with an infotainment system powered by Google's Android.
As for the design, anyone familiar with the gas-powered XC40 wants to be surprised, but there are a few changes for the electric version :
The vehicle weighs in at 2150-2250 kg (4,740 to 4,960 lbs) depending on the options and it can tow a trailer with a maximum weight of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
Håkan Samuelsson, chief executive at Volvo Cars, commenting on the unveiling of the vehicle:
"We have said this several times before: for Volvo Cars, the future is electric. XC40 and the Recharge car line. "
They have not released any pricing yet, but we will update as soon as we have more information
Volvo XC40 Recharge Exterior Dimensions:
- Length: 442.5 cm
- Width, (incl. Mirrors): 203.4 cm
- Height, (incl. Shark fin): 165.2 cm
- Track, front : 160.0 cm
- Track, rear: 161.0 cm
- Ground clearance: 17.5 cm
Volvo XC40 Recharge Interior Dimensions:
- Headroom without panorama roof (front / rear) (H61-1 / H61-2) : 91.1 / 99.4 cm
- Headroom with panorama roof (front / rear) (H61-1 SR / H61-2 SR): 95.5 / 97.4 cm
- Headroom maximum, without sunroof (front) (H62-1): 103.0 cm
- Passenger compartment width at shoulder height (front / rear) (W3-1 / W3-2): 144.0 / 142.9 cm
- Leg room (front / rear) (L34 / L51-2): 104.0 / 91.7 cm
- Cargo volume, including under floor stor age (V211-2): 413 liters
- Frisk volume, with Tool kit (EU + RoW): 31 liters
- Frunk volume, including under floor storage (V214-1): 1,342 liters
- with Tool kit (US) WEIGHTS / MISCELLANEOUS: 26 liters
That's what I'm talking about. There's a lot to like here.
First of all, it's a beautiful vehicle.
The specs are so on point.
At a little worried about the efficiency though.
At 78 kWh and a usable capacity of 75 kWh, which is over 200 miles EPA and more than 400 km WLTP. 19659002] Either way, I think they are just over 200 miles based on the EPA.
Again, I am excited for the electric XC40, but its success is going to be
I'd love to get it close to $ 50,000 USD, but I would not be surprised if it's closer to $ 60,000.
What do you think ?
Subscribe to Electrok on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.