Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore was fired on Friday afternoon in "Real Time". He told moderator Bill Maher that now is the time to get together to stop the "madness" of the Trump administration and even compare it to the dystopian world of "The Handmaid's Tale."
"We live" The story of the maid, "said Moore." That's a serious point. The best part of the show is the flashbacks, in which she tries to figure out where the point was that it was too late. Where was the point that if all of us had just got up we would have done something? But because it happens in small steps. This is how fascism works. "
Moore is doing the rounds this week talking about the state of things in Washington DC and about his next movie" Fahrenheit 1
1/9, "which refers to the date of 2016 when Trump was elected President He hopes that the premiere of the film several weeks before the midterm elections in November (it will be released on September 21st) will help "make millions of people vote."
See also: Michael Moore cries "Wimpy" Democrats to "Put Our Bodies on the Line" to Fight Trump (Video)
"We're going to bring Trump down," he said.
"I will not participate in giving people hope, "Moore said." Anyone who relies on hope means there is no urgency. This is not about the rainbow anywhere. Optimism is very dangerous. It's not about warm and blurry now. "
As Moore sees it, the first rules of procedure are driving the appointment of a Supreme Court judge until after the November elections and then gaining Democratic seats in Arizona, Nevada and Tennessee, all of which are within reach Pointing home to drive home in DC, Moore is ready to join one million other Americans in protest to surround the United Capitol.
Comedian Bill Maher has made a career of telling things that could recapture him both in his former ABC show "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher" and in his recent HBO show "Real Time with Bill Maher". Although Maher is proud to be politically incorrect, many times he said offensive things that brought him into hot water. Here's a look at 11 of them.
11. Maher interviews old-right favorite Milo Yiannopoulos After Milo's speech at Berkeley University was canceled due to protests involving a few small fires and thrown objects, Maher brought the old right idol for an interview. Although Milo's anti-feminist, anti-transgender and anti-Muslim positions are well-known – as well as his role in the harassment-oriented online GamerGate – Maher offered almost no defense against Milo. Read more here
10. Maher Jokes about Tila Tequila Are Attacked In 2009, news broke that Tila Tequila claimed she had been attacked by her then boyfriend and San Diego Charger Shawne Merriman. Maher responded with a joke that many considered sexist: "New Rule: Stop Playing, Surprised That Someone Strangled Tila Tequila! The Surprise Is That Someone Did Not Smother That Bitch Earlier."
Getty Images  Bill Maher_Hillary Clinton Sexism Controversial Statements ” title = “Bill Maher_Hillary Clinton Sexismus umstrittene Aussagen” class = “image-loading” data- src = “https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bill-Maher_Hillary-Clinton-Go-Away.jpg” />
9. Maher Claims Hillary Clinton Cried for Political Profit During the 2008 presidential campaign, Maher cut in Clinton. In what many read as a sexist comment, Maher said women cried to win arguments and accused Clinton of crying for the same reason in the election campaign.
8. Maher says millions of Muslims support the "Charlie Hebdo" attacks Maher has a long history of being very critical of religion and, in recent years, of Islam in particular. In the wake of the 2015 "Charlie Hebdo" attack in France, Maher said "hundreds of millions" of Muslims supported the violence, killing 12 and injuring 11 others. Watch the clip.
7. He's involved in an Islamophobia dispute with Ben Affleck During a panel discussion with actor Ben Affleck and author Sam Harris, Maher Harris & # 39; defended claims about Islam, even as Harris said : "Islam is the mother of all bad ideas at this moment." The discussion turned into a screaming match as Affleck quickly challenged the stance and bigotry regarding discussions about Islam. Check out the clip here.
6. Maher compares Zayn Malik of One Direction to the Boston Marathon Bomber Singer Zayn Malik left the band One Direction, which led to some jokes by Maher in one episode. But people were upset when Maher asked, "Where were you during the Boston Marathon?" And placed a picture of Malik next to one of bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Many saw the joke as one who mocked both Malik's appearance and his Muslim faith. Look at the clip.
5. He defends Bill O "Reilly's joke about Maxine Waters After former Fox News host Bill O" Reilly has said that Congresswoman Maxine Waters' hair is like a "James -Brown Wig "Maher came to his defense on" Real Time ": Liberals can not make a joke. Many criticized O. Reilly's joke as racist and apologized later. Watch the clip .
4. Maher says dogs are like children with mental disabilities Amid the fact that he does not have enough praise for raising dogs, Maher said dogs are "like backward children." Guests fought over both Maber's use of the offensive word and the much more offensive comparison of children with disabilities to animals.
3. … Making fun of Sarah Palin's son Trig Maher pressed this button again when he described Trig as "it," saying that he "looks very much like John Edwards." Watch the clip here.
2. Maher says September 11 terrorists are not cowardly Maher's ABC broadcast "Politically Incorrect" was canceled in June 2002, after he later declared that he was trying to criticize the American military to practice. Less than a week after September 11, 2001, Maher said the terrorists who remained aboard aircraft were "warriors," adding that the US had been cowardly firing cruise missiles at "2000 miles away." , The comment sparked a bunch of advertisers from the clip
The "Real Time" host has said the N word on TV … and much more
Comedian Bill Maher has made a career Saying things like this could recapture him, both on his former ABC show "Politically Wrong with Bill Maher" and on his recent HBO show "Real Time with Bill Maher". Although Maher is proud to be politically incorrect, many times he said offensive things that brought him into hot water. Here are 11 of them.