- Plastic bags are banned in retail stores.
- Restaurants can still use plastic bags on the go.
- Styrofoam and plastic straws are permitted, but straws are available upon request lead to a warning, followed by fines of $ 100 and $ 250 for further crimes
- Companies may charge fees for disposable plastic items.
- Retailers should be asked to pay for people who pay with public support […] Mayor Tim Keller has not said if he will sign the regulation yet, but he has said that he is encouraged.
"I think this is a good situation, you want an early adaptation, but not too early," Keller said. "They want to learn from a few states and how this has affected businesses and so on, but also make sure action is taken, and I feel like we're in the right places."