Microsoft Corporation’s Power BI is perhaps the most widely used BI solution across industries. Over the past few years, a surprisingly high number of large, small, and medium-sized organizations have relied heavily on Power BI for smart analysis of data to derive business intelligence for better results. Today, the market has several BI tools that claim to offer unique benefits to the user but Power BI still leads the lot due to the following reasons.
Use friendly: Microsoft has designed Power BI with multiple easy to use features and functionalities that require no special training or skills to operate. This is one of the reasons why it’s so popular with business professionals and decision-makers.
- Simple interface that connects seamlessly to data sources.
- Built-in time intelligence for quick viewing of vast amounts of data.
- Features like drag-and-drop, creation of Power BI branding theme, and others add to user convenience.
Intelligent reporting: Power BI offers impressive interactive reporting capabilities for easy comprehension of large datasets and actionable insights from those.
- Interactive dashboards to view and manipulate reports.
- Report versioning and security access for data safety.
- Clustered bar chart, ribbon chart, and other options for a better presentation of data.
Seamless integration with other applications: As a convenient BI solution, Power BI supports flawless integration with both modern and legacy enterprise solutions for ease of data gathering and analysis.
- Integrates with Bing Maps to allow easy creation of maps.
- Integration with other Microsoft tools like Excel, Dynamics 365, etc. for data unhindered data exchange.
- Compatible with custom-built applications and other third-party solutions.
Next-level data analysis: Most BI solutions have capabilities of extracting intelligent insights from complex data. However, the AI-backed Power BI offers a 360-degree view of the market and workflows along with intelligent suggestions for corrective measures.
- Precise data analysis for the identification of risks and opportunities.
- AI-assistance to spot trends and communicate those in an easily comprehensible way.
- The features of image recognition and text analytics.
Possibilities of cloud: Cloud-hosted BI solutions extend far higher possibilities as compared to the on-premises ones. The Azure-based Power BI leverages algorithms running off the cloud to get insights from massive datasets.
- Ubiquitous access to all stakeholders regardless of their location and device.
- Adherence to the highest data security and privacy.
- Mobile accessibility to enhance productivity.
Data Visualization: Few other BI solutions offer such stunning visual tools and custom visuals SDK for better communication of ideas and productive decision-making. There’s a massive library for custom visualization that allows users to customize the UI as per convenience.
- Data-driven predictive analytics with drill-down visualization to improve processes.
- Drill-down capabilities with transformative aspects that are far more insightful than the traditional and clumsy data visualization methods.
- Data modeling for accurate results and transparency to let businesses comprehend the information they have.
Owing to the benefits and conveniences that the user gets from Power BI, Power BI stands tall in this intensely competitive market. The coming days should be even brighter for the BI solution as it is set to introduce some even more exciting functionalities and upgrades.