Read Fortnite Patches is one of the expected parts of the week for Fortnite players, as each Fortnite patch tends to be a mix of newer, more timely Time to bring modes, new weapons or changes to existing ones.
Every week brings a different focus, so it's always worth checking what every Fortnite update brings with it. For the sake of brevity and clarity, we only make patch updates of Battle Royale on this page.
When you first get started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks may contain some helpful hints.
When is the fortnite? Update patch update date and time
The Fortnite patch releases vary, but are usually available every Tuesday at the following times:
- UK: 9 am (BST)
- Europe: 1
- US East Coast: 4 am (EDT)
- US West Coast: 1 am (PDT)
Fortnite updates sometimes slip later in the week – usually Wednesday or Thursday – but almost always the release of Fortnite Challenges Thursday afternoon (English / European time).
Fortnite patch notes for update 8.51 (Battle Royale only)
Here are the Fortnite 8.51 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, which were released on May 2, literally by the official Fortnite site.
WEAPONS + ITEMS [1 9659005] Shadow Bomb
- Envelopes in the shadows and becomes invisible to enemies for a short time.
- Duration 6 seconds
- The user becomes visible to others at the end of the effect] Increases the movement speed, offers the ability to double jump and wall jump.
- Players can not attack, build or loot as long as they are under the effect of the Shadow Bomb.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Can hold a maximum of 6
- Can be found by Floor Loot, Chests, Supplies and Nachschublamas.
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Sound effects for jetpacks were sometimes much louder than they should be.
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- The Victory Royale UI animation was displayed to all players in limited-time mode with Respawning enabled.
Previous Fortnite patch notes for Update 8.50 (Battle Royale on ly)
Here are the patch notes for Fortnite 8.50 for the Battle Royale mode, with merit from Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
LIMITED TIME MODE: ENDGAME
- Thanos and his Chitauri invade the island of Battle Royale in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame is a team of heroes fighting to prevent Thanos and his chitauri from claiming all six of their infinity bricks.
- Both teams respawn on elimination until the other side reaches their destination.  On one side is the hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the opposing team finds all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes begin with a treasure map that leads directly to an object of the mythical Avenger.
- Other Avenger items can be found in the chests on the entire map.  The hero team's goal is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- The Thanos team is made up of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos themselves.
- Chitauri Invaders begin with a powerful laser rifle, a grenade defense attack, and a jetpack that allows them to jump briefly into the air.
- The first chitauri to recover an infinity stone is converted to Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack and the ability to jump high in the air and shatter everything that gets in his way when he comes down again.
- Every time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos' abilities become stronger and the Chitauri become healthy.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (100 0-> 2000)
- Soulstone (Orange) = Siphon enabled (only Thanos shields are granted)
- Thought Stone (Yellow) = Jump Height Doubled  Space Stone (Blue) = Ground AOE tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Great recoil for each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser Damage x6
- When Thanos is eliminated from the game , another Chitauri will wait for him after a short time (unless Thanos is the last to stand).
- When Thanos and the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, heroes can no longer respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find stones and stones then eliminate the remaining heroes.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- The hold-to-swap feature is now confirmed when you release the Use button and do not press first.  This should help with the problem of accidental replacement.
- When a player is eliminated by falling d When the player who last damaged the vehicle is in a vehicle, he receives the credit for this elimination.
- Re-enable the hit markers to be server-side authoritative rather than client-side.
- This helps to avoid cases where this happens players see hit marks but no damage.
- Players restarted in Rifts teleport to the sky but are not put into parachute mode.
- Vehicles were not dropped off the Reboot Van.
- Collision for the Reboot Van did not affect some vehicles, allowing them to hide in the Reboot Van.
- The yellow Invulnerability effect did not occur on players revived by the Reboot Van.
- The reboot card was still playing The spawn sound is heard even when the player disconnected.
- Storing inventory items in vehicles with weapons is now blocked to avoid various camera issues.
- Traps were occasionally placed in the middle of a field and not in a case wall when using Builder Pro.
- When leaving vehicles, the Equip animation is now always played before weapons can be fired.
- This prevents players from occasionally seeing a fire in front of the server as soon as they leave a vehicle. Time to register the shot.
- The elimination feed text no longer displays the message "Remove from ally" when an ally suspends a player's reboot animation.
- When using a jetpack, a case damage (in supported limited time) was caused after starting from the pirate cannon.
- The players could not negate the fall damage with a flintlock pistol when squatting.
- The name tags of the group member's reboot cards could not be displayed in the UI.
- Players would not drop a reboot card if they were eliminated after confirming a reboot, but before their teammate actually appeared.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- We've solved an i This question has prevented the correct amount of Survival XP being granted after the games and being provided to players XP as compensation has been.
- You receive this compensation through the Gifting System.
- New Tournament – April 27 & 28: Fortnite World Cup Online Open Week 3 ($ 1,000,000 total prize pool!)
- Top performers in each server region qualify for the Fortnite World Cup Finale in New York City. The complete Fortnite World Cup details and official rules can be found here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/events/world-cup[19659020*Solo-GameMode
- To participate in this event, if both players have to be present the Champions League has been reached in Arena.
- Region Lock is in effect – players are only allowed to qualify for a single server region for one week per online open. The server region of the first game entered for this weekend's tournament is the area where the player is locked up for the entire weekend.
- 27. April – Round 1: All eligible players.
- 28th April – Round two: Top 3000 players from the first round.
- Streaming Replays – Currently available only on PC & Mac.
- Added tournament history that can be viewed by selecting a player in the leaderboards.
- Replays May Be
- Added the ability to watch live games during tournaments by selecting a player from the leaderboards.
- Note: The game must be running for 10 minutes for live playback to be available.
- 19659020] Added the ability to display a specific Game by Game ID using the Show Streaming Replay button in the Replay Browser.
- Arena & Tournaments Will Now Record Profile Stats in Solo / Duo / Squad Categories Instead of LTM
Bug Fixes and Impro
- Arena players were mistakenly classified in a lower division after losing hype.
- This was a purely visual issue, and all hype values and divisions were correctly displayed again.
- Tournament Poster The game falsely indicated certain events as "2 days".
- Tournament poster and the Arena panel did not load properly on mobile devices.
- ] Fixed a cause for significant skydiving problem. and during the late game fight.
ART + ANIMATION
- We have added a unique animation to stroke the dog and other pets.
- Sound Visualizer without spatialization (panning) of sounds added in the game
- If you introduce this mode, if you are a hearing impaired player, you can now play the game with audio and turn on the visualizer at the same time!
- Visit us and give us your feedback on these changes, either in-game or on our social channels, to help us make further improvements for the future!
- Different game sounds (shots, walking, reloading) are no longer triggered at wrong / random times.
- This caused "ghost" to sound, if nothing causes the actual sound effect.
- Fixed an issue where certain things would not lead to loop audio when they should.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- When using counterfeit banana or appl so the visual effects were not completely reproduced when they were displayed in repetitions.
- The reaction effects did not work well for the Marshmello outfit.
- MSAA anti-aliasing on P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate enabled 20X.
- The interaction button now has context sensitive icons.
- You can now move while the map is open by typing on the left side of the screen.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Improvements made
- Improved performance on the iPad Mini 4 and Air 2.
- On some devices, the motion joystick was not displayed in the HUD.
- Push notifications were not sent Download updates completed.
- Blocked players in player friends lists were not shown as blocked.
- The fire button and the right fire bar would not work after the baller was anchored with a tap.
- The Right Firestock did not allow camera movement in the baller.
- The baller grapple did not break at the first tap.
- The players were caught in an infinite fire loop after leaving the baller while anchored to the grapple.
- Double tapping was required Remove the shooter's baller when firing with a shot.
- The back button in the menus contained visual issues.
- Voice chat icons of players who were set to "sit" did not appear.
- t open.
- The Confirm and Cancel buttons in Squad Management were hard to touch / interact with.
- The option menus have been closed. The unrelated changes were closed, and the entire menu was closed, not just the pop-up prompt.
- Menu icons could be removed from the HUD layout tool.
- The vehicle enhancement icons were different when viewed in a match in the HUD layout tool.
- The Score Tracking widget can now be removed from the Mobile HUD
- The Score Tracking widget can now be removed ved by Mobile HUD
- It was difficult to see animations of characters and weapons while the boom bow was used.
- The map widget put its anchor inappropriately when it was moved in the HUD layout tool, causing an attached game mode UI to push the map widget off the screen.
- You may need to reset the map widget in the HUD layout tool to resolve this issue.
The release date for Season 9 has been announced!
Right now though, there's an Avengers Endgame event to dive in while the latest Fortnite Week 8 Challenges come along
the location of the Junk Junction Treasure Map and the locations of the Flaming Hoop.
There are also Pirate Camp locations and Fortnite Discovery Battle Star locations where you can find the ruins. Do not forget the latest patch notes for Fortnite.
Former Fortnite patch notes for Update 8.40 (Battle Royale only)
Here are the Fortnite 8.40 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, credited to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite website.
LIMITED TIME MODE: AIR ROYALE
- Climb aboard a plane and soar in this fast-paced mode into the sky, where players fight to the last to be!
- Air Royale takes off like a duo-only mode.
- Each aircraft has 3 lives, the players respawn until they lose the last life of their aircraft.
- When you touch the ground, players are immediately shut down.
- Parking When an airplane is on the ground for more than a few seconds, it explodes – stay in the air!
- Another team's aircraft will add this aircraft to your existing number of aircraft lives (and the life of the team that lost the plane).
- The storm has a ceiling that gradually lowers during the Ma. Be careful not to fly too late!
- Booties of five different rarities fall from the sky so that players can upgrade the weapons they carry and charge the aircraft's weapons for a short time.  To get the contents of a chest, simply fly through.
- When players receive loot from a chest that already contains a weapon of equal or worse quality, you will receive extra ammo.
- Chests with higher quality weapons automatically replace the lower quality weapon.
- Floating repair kits can also be found to heal damaged aircraft and give players health and shields.