- Despite access to many expensive flagship smartphones, such as Apple's and Samsung's, my SIM card usually ends up in cell phones from an unknown smartphone maker in the US – OnePlus.
- OnePlus phones have consistently proved to be excellent devices at almost half the price of their competitors.
- They are popular all over the world, but not so in the US, because Americans typically buy their phones from carriers that do not have OnePlus phones.
- Find out why I recommend OnePlus phones to friends and relatives before recommending Apple's iPhones or Samsung Galaxy S phones.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more information.
For months, I have placed smartphones from OnePlus in front of Apple and Samsung in my top 20 list of smartphones.
You may think, "Should not mega-phones from the biggest names in the tech industry take first place on the list?" No! Not at all! Apple and Samsung are just names for me. Most important are the phones themselves and what they suggest for their price tags.
And at the end of the day, OnePlus phones always come first.
OnePlus phones are not well-known in the US because they are not normally sold in carrier stores. This is the place where most Americans buy their smartphone (usually people in the US need to buy OnePlus phones from the company's website). But hopefully, more Americans will find that OnePlus phones actually exist, as they are now available in the T-Mobile stores.
This makes OnePlus phones so great: