Microsoft released a new build for Windows 10, version 20H1, on May 29, 2019, for the Insider Preview Channel, which includes the 18908 release.
The new build introduces massive improvements to the Your Phone application. Your phone and the companion app for Android and iOS connect mobile devices and Windows 10 PCs, making the functionality of the mobile phone available on the Windows 10 PC.
Microsoft focuses on the current Android version of your phone and most of the changes described The following description is currently for the phone only.
The current version of your phone for Windows 10, version 1903, has limited features. Depending on your device, you can use it to answer text messages, view phone alerts, transfer photos, or use screen mirroring.
Microsoft has recently published a support article in which It has been confirmed that the "Your Phone" application on Windows 10 PCs can not be uninstalled due to their importance.
The new insider preview significantly improves the functionality of your phone application. Here is an overview of the new features:
- Screen Capture : TalkBalk users can enable the Your Phone Companion in this build in the Android Accessibility Settings for "Smooth Cross-Device Read". Narrator on the Windows PC describes what happens when you activate the feature on the phone screen.
- Focus tracking : Focus tracking is another accessibility feature that magnifies the content of the mouse pointer. This feature requires your Phone Companion to be enabled in the accessibility settings on the Android device. After switching on, you can start Windows + with the PC magnifying glass link.
- Keyboard Language and Layout : A new icon for specifying the preferred keyboard language and layout for the PC's physical keyboard.
- New Phone Screen Support: The phone screen supports other Samsung phone models, including Samsung Galaxy A8 and A8 +.
- New messaging features : This build contains many new messaging features:
- Sending and receiving MMS messages.
- Display for new unread messages.
- Synchronizing contact thumbnails for all contacts.
- inline response function.
- Emoji picker.
- Mobile Data Sync : Back For versions of your phone, it is necessary to connect the Android device to the Wi-Fi network. The new version adds support for synchronizing mobile data, so this is no longer required. Just open the settings of the Your Phone Companion app and enable the option "Sync via mobile data" in the settings.
The changes are available in the latest preview builds of the first version of the feature update in 2020. Possible Some will change or be removed before the final release of Windows 10 is released in 2020.
I've noticed that your phone is becoming popular among a few user groups, such as business users working on Windows 10 PCs and mobile devices. If you need to answer customers regularly on your phone, you may be using a keyboard. This is one of the most important features that your phone offers.
It is not the first Android app that offers this functionality the first one that is tightly integrated into the Windows operating system.
Now You: How do you see the Phone App?