WAUWATOSA, Wisconsin – A Wisconsin man is in intensive care with severe lung damage, and his family believes that this was caused by fumes breathing problems.
At first, doctors thought it might be pneumonia, but soon discovered that it was something else.
"These vapes can cost you your life," said DeGrave. The trauma he inflicted on his lungs is significant, and the trauma he inflicted on his heart is significant.
DeGrave says it was a vape cartridge with THC that put his brother in this state.
"Within 24 hours He was medically sedated and put into a medically induced coma.
DeGrave says his brother bought the vape vials from the street.
His warning comes on the same day as the doctors at the Children's Hospital in Wauwatosa issued a similar alert. [1
Children treated eight patients with severe lung damage in just four weeks. Everyone had the common thread.
"We do not have much information about the long-term effects and sometimes even the short-term effects," Gutzeit said, especially dangerous for teenagers and young adults. "
DeGrave is not sure what's next for his brother, but he does not want anyone else making the same mistakes.
"It is to be seen and seen. We are currently unsure if he will ever fully recover. "
The Wisconsin Department of Health claims to investigate the cases.